October 14, 2021 / Activate Guide
HLN on Roku – Here’s How to Watch on Your Favorite Platform
Formerly Headline News, HLN is a premier American news channel. As of July 2015, the channel was available to more than 91.1 million households with pay-TV, making it the most distributed subscription network in the United States. Since WarnerMedia, the owner of HLN, has launched an official HLN app, people have started to stream Head-Line News anywhere. One of the best platforms to install the HLN app is Roku. If you have a Roku device, here’s how you can get HLN on Roku and watch popular shows from the best comforts of your home.
Is HLN Really Available on Roku?
To put it straight, the official HLN app is not available on the Roku Channel Store. But this doesn’t mean you will be deprived of watching your favorite true-crime shows. There are various ways to watch HLN on Roku. One of the straightforward ways to enjoy HLN on your favorite streaming device is to download the CNNgo app. You can watch HLN through this app. Moreover, you get to watch live broadcasts of CNN channels on Roku. Don’t forget to check out the on-demand library. It has thousands of hours of shows.
How to Watch HLN on Roku through CNNgo App?
Adding and activating the CNNgo app on your streaming platform is a straightforward process. Check the steps below to activate the app.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the home screen by pressing the “Home” icon on the remote.
- Once you are there on the home screen, scroll up or down to navigate to the “Streaming Channels” button.
- You should now look for the “Search Channels” option.
- Select it and get access to the Roku Channel Store.
- Browse through the store to download the CNNgo app. If you don’t find it, type the name of the app in the search box.
- Once the app appears on the screen, click the “Add channel” button.
- Now, click the “Go to Channel” button to return to the home screen of Roku.
- Locate the recently downloaded app at the bottom of the page.
- Click the app to launch it. (This process is important to activate the CNNgo app.)
- The app will now open. It will bring you a system-generated activation code, which needs to be saved.
- Or, you can leave the screen visible and head over to the activation page – cnn.com/activate.
- On this page, you will need to select your device. (Since you are a Roku user, it shouldn’t be a problem selecting Roku from the given list.)
- Now, enter the code and click the “Continue on Verify” button.
The CNNgo app is now activated. You should be able to access its library. Also, the HLN shows are just a few clicks away. You can select what you want to watch.
Verification Code Not Working; How to Fix?
You tried the above steps and failed. Don’t panic! This is not so serious issue. Even though you are not a tech guy, you will be able to diagnose the issue and fix it eventually. Let’s learn some of the most common problems and their resolutions below.
- Activation Code Expired: One of the most common code-failure issues that we witness is code expiration. After receiving the activation code if you delay entering it on the activation page, you are not likely to see a success message on your screen. In that case, repeat the activation process and regenerate the code. This time you shouldn’t delay. Act promptly to complete the process.
- Use an Upgraded Roku: Another possible reason could be your not-updated device. If your Roku device is not updated timely, it might not work with the latest CNNgo app. To update your Roku device to the latest version, you need to access the “Settings” option, click the “Update System” button, and carry out the process thereafter.
- Clear Cookies and Cache Files: Although this looks not so serious, it can aggravate the issue – well, you never know! To ensure that you don’t run into any technical error, you should consider getting rid of cache files and cookies from your browser.
These methods should help you fix the issue.
Let’s talk about the alternative ways to access HLN on Roku if you have cut the cords. There are several streaming service providers like Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, YouTube TV, etc. that allow you to pick a package and enjoy HLN on Roku.
Check the price, compare it, and select the right package. You are all set to enjoy your favorite shows.