With over 1,150 branches, Fifth Third Bank is one of the largest banks in the United States. More than 1.98 million households were associated with the bank until 2018, and the number has increased tremendously in recent years.
Fifth Third Bank is well known for offering amazing offers through its wide range of debit and credit cards. If you have recently received a new Fifth Third debit/credit card, you will be required to activate it at 53.com/activate before you can use it for shopping, paying bills, or carrying out other transactions.
To know how to activate your Fifth Third card online, go through the information provided below.
Complete Guide to Activate your New Fifth Third Card
Before you try to activate your Fifth Third bank card, arrange the below prerequisites –
- Fifth Third Bank account credentials (If you don’t have an online account, make sure you sign up for one.)
- A computer or mobile device to access 53.com activate link.
- Card numbers, expiration date & CVV.
- Wi-Fi connection recommended.
There are two ways to activate your Fifth Third debit/credit card.
- Activate your Fifth Third card via 53.com/activate.
- Activate your card over the phone.
Steps to Activate Fifth Third Card Online at 53.com/activate
- Open a web browser on your phone or pc and visit 53.com/activate.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click the LOG IN button.
- Then, provide your card details and follow the on-screen prompts to complete your Fifth Third card activation process.
NOTE: If you have forgotten your User ID or Password of your Fifth Third online account, you can recover it by selecting the Forgot User ID and Forgot Password option and completing the guided instructions.
Steps to Activate Fifth Third Card Over the Phone
If you have no access to the internet, you can activate your Fifth Third card over the phone by following the below steps.
Fifth Third card activation number – 800 621 2554.
- Before calling for activation, make sure to keep your card details handy.
- Next, dial this phone number and follow the on-call prompts to connect to one of the Fifth Third customer representatives.
- The customer representative will guide you through the activation process.
- When requested, provide the prompted details and get your card activated.
So, these are the steps that you can follow to activate your Fifth Third card.
How to Create a 53.com Account?
If you wish to know how to apply for your Fifth Third debit or credit card online, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- On your phone/pc browser, go to 53.com/activate.
- Click the Register button next to the First Time User option.
- Next, select Yes from the prompt displayed on your screen.
- Read the provided information and tap the LOG IN button.
- Enter the User ID (Fifth Third debit number | ATM Card Number | Credit Card Number).
- Enter Password (ATM PIN | Temporary PIN).
- Click the LOG IN button.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration.
Once you have registered for a Fifth Third online account, you can use the new credentials to activate your card at 53.com/activate.
How to Apply for Fifth Third Bank Card?
Fifth Third Bank offers a wide range of cards to individuals and businesses. All these cards come with different benefits. So, whichever matches your requirement, you can apply for that particular card. Below are the steps you will need to follow to apply for Firth Third debit or credit card.
- On a web browser, open 53.com.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the Bank option located on the left-hand side of the page. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
When Applying For a Debit Card
- From the drop-down menu, select the Debit Cards option.
- Your screen will display a list of different Fifth Third debit cards.
- Go through the details of all debit cards to find the one matching your requirements.
- Click on the particular card you wish to apply.
- On the next screen, you will be given two options to apply for the card – FIND A BRANCH or CALL 800 972 3030.
- If you select the FIND A BRANCH option, enter your zip code, city, or state in the provided field on the next screen and press the FIND option.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete your Fifth Third debit card application.
When Applying for a Credit Card
- From the drop-down menu, select the Credit Cards option.
- Tap the APPLY NOW button for your desired credit card.
- If you are an existing Fifth Third user, enter your user id, password, and offer code (Optional) to proceed further.
- Select the Register Now option and complete the registration process if you don’t have an account.
- Alternatively, you can call 1 800 972 3030 to apply for your desired Fifth Third credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can activate your Fifth Third bank debit card through the official activation URL (53.com/activate) or over the phone.
The 53.com user ID and password can be retrieved by clicking the Forgot User ID and Forgot Password option on the official login page.
You can order an upgraded debit card by calling customer service or visiting the nearest branch.
You must immediately report a lost credit/ debit card at 1-800-782-0279. The line is available 24 by 7.
Some cards might have monthly fees or service charges. You can get complete information by contacting the customer support representatives.
1 thought on “How to Activate Fifth Third Bank Card at 53.com/activate – Updated”
U ited healthcare sent me a 53 card and I went to site for it but the site does not allow for input of birthyear is there any other way or site to activate oh they are not answering phone either