August 20, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Access GAC Channel On Roku?
Great American Country channel, commonly known as GAC, is a popular American cable TV network which is owned and managed by Discovery, Inc. Initially the Great American Country channel was established as a music channel that used to focus on country music. The channel however later expanded its format and included lifestyle programming related to the American Heartland and South comprising library programming from associated Scripps Networks Interactive channels. At present, the GAC channel is available to approximately 51% of pay-TV customers in the country. While the channel is available through Cable, Satellite, IPTV, and Streaming Media, however, if you are looking to access the channel on Roku in particular, unfortunately, there is no dedicated app available in the channel store for the GAC channel. However, if you have access to Fubo TV, Philo, Hulu with Live TV, or Sling, you can easily access the GAC channel using them on your Roku device. Below, you can find the steps to add one of these apps on your Roku device and get access to the GAC channel.
Guide to Access GAC Channel on Roku
NOTE: The following steps are provided for installing Philo on Roku. Similarly, you can install Sling, Hulu with Live TV, or FuboTv to access the GAC channel on your Roku device.
- First, navigate to the home screen of your Roku device. For this, press the Home icon button on your Roku remote. You will be directed to the Roku home screen.
- On the Roku Home screen, scroll down to the Streaming Channels section and open the Roku Channel Store This will direct you to the Roku Channel Store section.
- Next, you will need to browse through the list of the apps in the Roku Channel Store section to find the Philo app. The application is located in the Movies & TV | NEW & Updated |Cable Alternative | Recommended
- However, if you are unable to locate the Philo app in these categories, consider using the search option. Enter Philo in the search field and press the search icon. This will display the search result on your screen.
- From the search result, select the Philo app to get to the preview page.
- On the preview page of the Philo app, press the Add Channel option and then simply follow the on-screen prompts to install the app. The Philo application will get installed on your Roku device.
- Once the Philo app is installed on your Roku device, return to the home screen and open the app. You will be prompted to log into the application on the next screen. If you have a subscription to the Philo app, enter the login credentials in the prompted fields on your screen and follow the on-screen prompts to configure your Philo app on Roku.
- However, if you don’t have a subscription to the Philo app, register for it by following the steps provided in the “Creating a Philo Account” section.
- Moreover, if you are provided an activation code on your screen, follow the on-screen instructions to enter the activation code in the suggested webpage.
- After entering the activation code, you will simply need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Creating a Philo Account
- Firstly, open a web browser on your computer and go to the homepage of Philo using the URL – https://www.philo.com/.
- Next, you will need to click or tap on the Sign In option located in the upper-right corner of the page. You will be taken to the next page.
- On the next page, click or tap on the Sign up for Philo This will take you to the subsequent screen where you will find the following two options – Start free trial | I have a redemption code.
- If you select the Start free trial option, doing so will take you to the next screen where you will be prompted to select from one of the given plans. After selecting a plan, you will need to enter the payment information in the provided fields. Then, press the Subscribe button to begin your trial period for 7 days.
NOTE: It is to be noted that you will not be charged until the trial period gets completed. If you do not wish to continue with the Philo subscription, make sure that you terminate the subscription within 7 days of a trial period.
- In case you have a redemption code, select the “I have a redemption code” option and enter it in the given field. After that, you will just need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the subscription process.
So, now as you know the steps to activate the Philo application on your Roku device, you will be able to access the GAC channel on your Roku device.