March 2, 2022 / Olivia Jones
How to Activate The Criterion Channel at criterionchannel.com/activate
An independent streaming service, The Criterion Channel is a movie lover’s dream. It offers classics and discoveries from Hollywood and around the world. With a monthly or annual subscription, you get to watch an eclectic amalgamation of contemporary and classic movies, many not available anywhere else.
So go ahead and get a glimpse of the activation process carried out at criterionchannel.com/activate. Once the channel is activated, get your hands on its entire streaming library combining thousands of titles.
Things to Consider (Prerequisites)
To sneak peek into its constantly refreshed collections, you must activate The Criterion Channel. Here are a few imperatives to keep in mind before starting the process.
- A supported streaming device and a second device (laptop or phone) on a Wi-Fi network.
- Use a supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).
- An account with the Criterion Channel.
- A valid subscription (Monthly or Annual)
Supported Streaming Devices
Yes, we did talk about the Criterion Channel supported streaming devices to watch art-house, Hollywood, and independent movies. Take a look at the list of devices below.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV
- Xbox One
- iOS and Android devices
Activate The Criterion Channel on Android TV at criterionchannel.com/activate
The Criterion Channel supports the Android TV 1st Generation devices and higher. If you own one, you can view the content easily. Here are the steps to activate the Criterion Channel on Android TV.
- Switch on your Android TV and go to the home screen.
- Install The Criterion Channel app from the Play Store.
- After installation, Open the app.
- Note down a unique activation code visible on your TV screen.
- Access criterionchannel.com/activate on a web browser.
- Log into your account and enter the code displayed on your TV.
- Click the Activate button.
- The app will refresh automatically on your Android TV, and you will be all set to stream the Criterion Channel.
Activate The Criterion Channel on Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the Home screen of your Amazon Fire TV and select the Apps option from the menu.
- Once you are in the Apps section, look for the Criterion Channel.
- You can find the app by browsing the section or using the Search option.
- Once you find the app, select Get to install the application o your Fire TV.
- After successful installation, open the Criterion Channel app to get the activation code.
- Once you have the activation code, launch a web browser on your computer/ phone and navigate to the Criterion Channel activation URL – criterionchannel.com/activate.
- Sign in to the account using your email address & password.
- Enter the activation code and click Activate.
- The Criterion Channel is now active on your Fire TV Stick.
Steps to Activate The Criterion Channel App on Roku
- Please turn on your Roku device and go to the home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Scroll down to the Streaming Channels section and select the Roku Channel Store.
- In the Roku Channel Store, find the Criterion Channel app and go to its preview page to install the app.
- Once you are on the preview page, select the Add Channel button to install the app.
- After installing the app, get back to the home screen and open the Criterion Channel.
- An activation code and instructions will be provided on your TV screen.
- Now, open a web browser on your phone or computer and go to the Criterion Channel activation page – criterionchannel.com/activate.
- Then, sign in to your account using the login credentials and enter the activation code.
- After confirming the activation code, you will be able to watch Criterion Channel on Roku.
To Activate Criterion Channel on Apple TV
- Go to Apple TV App Store and find the Criterion Channel app using the Search option.
- Press Get to install it on your Apple TV.
- After installation, open the Criterion Channel app.
- An activation code will be displayed on the screen as you launch the app.
- Open a browser on your computer and visit criterionchannel.com/activate.
- If prompted, enter your login details and click Next.
- Type the activation code in the given field and press Activate.
- You will now be able to watch The Criterion Channel on your Apple TV.
Criterion Channel Activation – Troubleshooting Tips
Did you encounter an activation error? Then, try out the following tips to troubleshoot the error.
- Regenerate Code: If the unique activation code is expired, you won’t activate the channel. To troubleshoot the error, you need to repeat the activation process to regenerate the code. Use the code instantaneously to start watching your favorite movies.
- Check your Plan: Do you have a valid subscription plan with The Criterion Channel? The Criterion Channel has a monthly plan that costs $10.99. You can also sign up with its annual package that costs $99.99. Check your plan before attempting the above steps.
- Contact ISP: If you receive a poor internet connection, get in touch with your internet service provider.
About Criterion Channel
The Criterion Channel is an independent video-streaming service that offers more than just movies. It offers thematically programmed with unique features along with classic and contemporary films. Moreover, it caters to every diehard movie buff who doesn’t find the modern cinema experience fascinating.
With its official app available on leading streaming platforms, the Criterion Channel unleashes its features and lets you access offline videos and HD streaming. So, you need to check the steps carefully to avoid any unforeseen mishaps (errors).
So, there you go! This guide explains how to activate the Criterion Channel on the supported devices via criterionchannel.com/activate.
Use the “Troubleshoot” section if you bump into a problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
It has two different subscription plans – monthly ($10.99) and yearly ($99.99). Choose a plan and begin a 14-day free trial. You will only be charged after the free trial ends.
No. You must create an account with criterionchannel.com to stream films.
Currently, the channel is accessible by the United States and Canadian residents. Unfortunately, you can’t stream Criterion Channel movies if you live in other parts of the world.