Ranks 24th on the list of the largest banks in the United States, Citizens Financial Group, Inc., popularly known as Citizens Bank, was once a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Today, it is a renowned American bank headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, and operates across 11 states (with more than 1,008 branches). Residents from Connecticut, Maine, Delaware, Michigan, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Vermont can apply for and activate the Citizens Bank debit card.
Having a Citizens Bank debit card in your wallet will fetch you many perks and benefits. Until it is activated, making the most of your card is impossible. Let’s learn all that you need to activate your Citizens Bank debit card and start using it at your favorite online and offline stores.
How to Apply for a Citizens Bank Debit Card?
Before you activate your Citizens Bank debit card, you must get one. For this, you need to apply for the card by visiting its authorized web portal. To avail of yourself a debit card from Citizens Bank, make sure you open an account with the Company/ Bank. Only after that, you can request a debit card by –
- Visiting the official Citizens Bank website
- Or, simply dial the Citizens Bank customer service number (1-800-922-9999)
- Or, stop by your local branch. Visit the page to enter your location (enter zip code, city, or state) and find the nearest branch.
How to Activate Citizens Bank Debit Card?
Believing that you have got your account with Citizens Bank and have applied for a debit card, the staff would send you a brand new debit card within a few working days. After the arrival of the card, you will be advised to activate the. So, to activate your Citizens Bank debit card, you must follow the step-by-step methods given underneath.
- Activate Citizens Bank Debit Card through Citizens Mobile App: Don’t have a Citizens Mobile App installed on your smartphone yet? You must have one as it is believed to be the fastest and easiest way to activate the debit card. Those who use the app can go to “Manage Debit Cards” in the menu. Follow the on-screen prompts to activate the card in the app.
- Use PIN to Complete a Purchase: If you have got the PIN, you may like to complete an in-store purchase with your debit card using the correct PIN.
- Activate Your Debit Card by Visiting an ATM: Visit the nearest Citizens ATM and complete a transaction with your debit card and current PIN.
- By Phone: Didn’t find an ATM near your residence? Don’t have the app installed on your phone? You can still activate Citizens Bank debit card by calling the Citizens Bank customer number. Before dialing 800-527-1800, make sure you have your debit card and PIN handy to activate.
Why Should You Have a Citizens Bank Debit Card?
Just like other big banking institutes, Citizens Bank facilitates your everyday purchases with its debit card. It is secured and well-protected by 24/7 account monitoring. The bank leaves no stone unturned to give fraud alerts on your mobile phone.
- No-fee balance inquiries, cash withdrawals and deposits, payments, and transfers at any Citizens Bank ATM.
- The tap-to-pay feature doesn’t take much time to check out.
- Easy purchases at millions of locations worldwide (money gets deducted directly from your primary checking account).
- View transactions, monthly statements, and balances with online and mobile banking.
- Real-time fraud monitoring and alerts
- Zero liability coverage against unauthorized purchases (if you didn’t make the purchase).
- Freeze your card if it is misplaced.
- Unfreeze it if you found it.
In case of any professional help, you may like to get in touch with the banking staff on the official customer support phone number. The certified professionals are available round the clock to render the most effective assistance.