If you love shopping at Sears, consider getting a Sears MasterCard to earn discounts every time you purchase at all the Sears Holding Company stores including Sears Auto Centers, Sears Grand, Sears Hardware, Kmart, etc. Apart from regular discounts, you are bequeathed with a plethora of bonuses and benefits. Moreover, having a Sears MasterCard is considered to be a prized possession because of perks like roadside assistance and car rentals. With all these amazing things come associated with your Sears credit card, it becomes mandatory to activate the card. In this blog, you will learn how to activate a Sears MasterCard.
They say, saving money is an art and not everyone can master it. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that you have half-mastered the art of saving bucks just by procuring a Sears MasterCard. After that you must activate the credit card to make the most out of it. The Sears MasterCard activation process is easy and hassle-free. To do so, you must visit the online portal of Citibank (because Sears sold its U.S. retail credit card operation to Citibank in 2003. Since then the MasterCard is serviced by Citibank). Before activating the card, read the cardholder agreement carefully.
Benefits of Having a Sears MasterCard
Cardholders will enjoy a plethora of benefits –
- No Annual Fee: Unlike many credit cards from leading banking institutions, a credit card from Sears allows you reap all the benefits without imposing an annual fee.
- Protection & Security: You enjoy $0 liability on Citi Identity Theft and authorized purchases.
- Financing Options: You are going to enjoy special financing on select categories at Sears & Kmart.
- Earn More Points: With your MasterCard, you will obtain extra at gas stations, restaurants, and more.
How to Activate Your Sears MasterCard in Simple Steps?
In three ways, you can activate your recently received Sears MasterCard –
- Online Activation
- Phone Activation
- Activation through Mail
Let’s understand each method in detail.
We bring you all pertinent information to activate your Sears credit card in a hassle-free manner.
- Activate Your Sears MasterCard Online: One of the most effective, simplest, and easiest ways to activate your Sears MasterCard is to visit the official activation page and enter some of your crucial information.
- Visit the official activation page of Sears MasterCard.
- “Let’s get started” by providing the card number and click on the “Continue” button.
- Next, you need to enter your name as mentioned on the card, security code, and the social security number (SSN).
- Click on the Verify button.
- That’s it!
Your Sears MasterCard is activated. Go ahead and use the credit card at Sears Hometown Stores, Sears Auto Centers, Sears Hardware, Sears Grand, Sears Essentials, Kmart.com, and Sears.com to earn discounts.
- Activate Your Sears MasterCard through Phone: If the online method didn’t work for you, resort to the phone method. You will be glad to know that Citibank has a 24/7 customer support service to attend every call, to resolve all queries. Contact the official number, which is a toll free number – 1-800-97-7700, hence costs nothing to you.
During the activation process, the industry-trained staff may need your details to verify. Make sure you have all the information ready with you – your Sears MasterCard number, DOB, name on the card, and social security number. Once the official staff verifies your identity, your card will be ready within minutes. After that you are ready to use your card.
- Activate Your Sears Credit Card through Mail/ Letter: This is a bit tedious work as compared to the above two methods. You need to write a letter to the officials mentioning all the required information such as your name, card number, date of birth, SSN, etc.
Why Is Card Security Important?
If you don’t want to fall into the wrong hands and end up being a victim, you should sign at the back of your Sears MasterCard. This will ward off the fraudsters from bringing any harm to you. Also, keep your eyes open when you enter your card information on various sites. Avoid websites that seem suspicious.
What to Do When Facing Technical Difficulties?
In case of a technical query, you can always get in touch with professionals at the technical support service number. Apart from the above toll free phone number, there’s one more technical assistance number that you should consider contacting.
- Technical Assistance: 1-800-815-7701
- TTY for the Hearing Impaired: 1-866-357-2484
- Outside the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, Call Collect: 1-800-437-3277