The Employment Development Department issues the EDD card for a “fast, convenient, and secure way to get your benefit payments”. You can use the debit card wherever VISA is accepted. You can get your money sooner, transfer funds at banks, ATMs, and stores with cashback options, and receive fraud protection from a Zero Liability Policy, and get notified when there’s a low balance or a deposit made to your card. To enjoy all these facilities and more, you must activate your EDD card. This guide explains how to activate the Bank of America EDD card online and by phone.
Two Ways to Activate Bank of America EDD Debit Card
You will only receive the card after the EDD issues your first benefit payment. Bank of America will mail you the card, which will arrive between 7 to 10 business days. After receiving the card, you will need to activate it. Your new card can be activated in two ways – Online and by Phone.
Online Method to Activate Bank of America EDD Card –
The online method is believed to be the quickest way to activate your debit card. For that, you must possess a sound knowledge of the computer and the Internet.
- On your computer, access the official Bank of America EDD Debit Card website.
- You will see the Activate My Card option.
- Click that option to get the “Activate My Card” page.
- Enter your Card Number (that you already received in the mail) in the given field. (You will find the Card Number on the front of your card.)
- Click the Continue button and go to the next page.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the activation process.
After your card is activated, you will be able to reap the benefits.
How to Activate Bank of America EDD Card by Phone –
If you find the online method quite challenging, better look for the other easy way. Yes, you can activate your EDD debit card by phone. Don’t forget to make the call from your registered number.
Note: Your card can be activated by phone, whether you are calling from outside the U.S. or within the country.
- Activate Your Debit Card When You Are in the U.S.: There are two numbers to activate your card if you call from within the country. You can call 1-866-692-9374 or 1-866-656-5913 (TTY) and get your card activated.
- Activate Your Debit Card When You Are outside the U.S.: Are you traveling abroad and need to activate your card? Make sure you dial the correct number. You can call at 1-423-262-1650.
The above steps are for new cardholders. They need to stick to the guidelines and activate their card to start receiving EDD benefit payments.
How Can Existing Cardholders Use the Card to Receive Benefits?
Do you know that your card is valid for 3 years? Within that period, you can use it for all EDD benefit programs. The only thing you must keep in mind while participating in an EDD benefit program within three years from the date the card was issued to you is that you must at least have previously participated in an EDD benefit program once using the card. You can continue to enjoy benefits without waiting for a new card.
Once funds are loaded into your existing card, you will have instant access to all the benefits.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure to get cash from your Bank of America EDD debit card?
You can opt for a “domestic emergency cash transfer” in an emergency, although your card hasn’t arrived in the mail. For that, you can contact the Bank of America customer service on the following numbers –
- 1-866-656-5913 (TTY)
- 1-866-692-9374 (voice)
- Collect at 423-262-1650 (if outside the U.S.)
What else will I receive in the Debit Card welcome packet?
Apart from your EDD debit card, you will have the following items.
- Instructions and Information
How to use the card? The first thing you will do after receiving a debit card is to activate it. You can use the card wherever VISA cards are accepted.