If you have subscribed to the Xfinity TV or Xfinity Internet, you can transform any screen into a TV with the Xfinity Stream app without renting an Xfinity TV Box. The application is known for offering live TV, cloud recordings, popular shows and movies with Xfinity On Demand, and more.
Xfinity Stream app is compatible with a wide range of streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and other partner devices. In addition, You can also download the Xfinity Stream app on your mobile devices (Android & iOS).
In order to link your streaming device, you will need to activate the Xfinity Stream app at xfinity.com/authorize. To know how to carry out the Xfinity com authorize process, refer to the information below.
Note: You can watch live and on-demand content on Roku, Samsung TV, and LG devices only if the Xfinity Internet and TV services are installed and activated. However, Fire TV users can access the Xfinity Stream Beta app even when the Xfinity Internet and TV services are not installed.
Guide to Activate Xfinity Stream App at xfinity.com/authorize
Whether using Roku Media Player, Apple TV, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV, you can watch your favorite movies and shows on the Xfinity Stream app. But, first, you need to download and install the app on your desired device (compatible device) and authorize it at xfinity.com/authorize.
Below are the detailed steps to activate XFINITY on your smart media player.
Xfinity com authorize On Roku
To watch the world’s greatest collection of Xfinity On Demand movies and shows on Roku, follow the below instructions –
- From the main menu of your Roku device, go to Streaming Channels > Search option.
- In the Search section, look for the Xfinity Stream app.
- Select the Xfinity Stream app from the search results and tap the Add channel button.
- Wait for the application to get installed on your Roku device.
- When installed, tap the Go to channel button to launch the app.
- On the welcome screen, select the Get Started option to continue.
- You will now see a 6-digit code along with instructions.
- On another device, like phone, tablet, or laptop, open a browser and visit xfinity.com/authorize.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and click the Continue button.
- Enter your Xfinity ID and Password on the next screen and click the Sign In button.
- You will see a “Success!” message on your screen.
Your Roku device is now ready to access the Xfinity Stream app.
Steps to Activate Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV
Activate the Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV to watch classic and popular shows, movies, series, and more anytime.
- Launch App Store on your Apple TV.
- Find the Xfinity Stream app using the search option.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Get button.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- Inside the app, select the Get Started option.
- Your TV screen will provide you with a 6-digit activation code and an activation URL – xfinity.com/authorize.
- Now, open the activation link on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter the code found on the activation screen on your device and tap the CONTINUE button.
- Sign in using your Xfinity account credentials.
- Your Xfinity Stream app is now linked to your Apple TV.
- Now get back to your Apple TV screen. Go through the Terms of Activation and press Yes.
- Then, enter the desired title for your device and press Confirm.
Enter Xfinity.com authorize code to Activate on Fire TV
Activating the Xfinity app on your Amazon Fire TV is simple and easy. However, before you follow the instructions provided below, you must have the sign-in credentials of your Comcast account.
- Access the Find option from your Fire TV main menu.
- Use the search box to find the Xfinity Stream app.
- Once located, select the application and press the Get button.
- The app will begin to install on your Fire TV.
- Tap Open after installation to launch the app.
- Select the Get Started option inside the Xfinity Stream app.
- Your Fire TV screen will display an authorization code.
- Visit xfinity.com/authorize on your second device (phone/pc/laptop).
- Type the code and press the Continue button.
- Next, sign in using your Xfinity Stream User ID and Password.
You can now start using the Xfinity Stream app on your Fire TV device.
Activate Xfinity Stream App On Android TV
To connect your Android TV to your Xfinity account, ensure you are on the Home screen and follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Apps section from the home screen of your Android TV.
- Select the Google Play Store app in the Apps section.
- Using the search option in the Play Store, find and select the Xfinity Stream app.
- Next, press the Install button to add the app to your Android TV.
- Launch the app and select the Get Started option from the welcome screen.
- A 6 digit code and an activation link xfinity.com/authorize will appear on your screen.
- Keep this screen active and open the activation link using another device.
- Enter the code in the provided field and click the Continue button.
- Then, sign in to your Xfinity Stream account.
- A “Success!” message will appear on your screen.
- Now, return to your Android TV screen and select Yes after reading the Terms of Activation.
The Xfinity Stream app is now ready to stream on your Android TV.
Activate Xfinity Stream on Samsung Smart TV via xfinity.com/authorize
If you want to access the Xfinity Stream app on your Samsung Smart TV, follow the instructions provided below.
- Press the Smart Hub button on your Samsung Smart Control remote.
- Select the search icon (magnifying glass).
- Type Xfinity Stream in the search field and tap Done.
- Select the Xfinity Stream Beta app from the search results and tap Download.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the Xfinity app on Smart TV.
- Select the Get Started option to get a 6-digit activation code.
- Now, open a browser on your phone/pc and visit xfinity.com/authorize.
- Enter the Xfinity com authorize code and tap the Continue button.
- Then, sign in using your Xfinity account credentials.
- You will see a “Success!” notification on your browser’s screen.
You should now be able to watch Xfinity Stream content on your Samsung Smart TV.
Activate Xfinity Stream App on LG Smart TV
If you are using an LG Smart TV, you can access Xfinity Stream on it by following the instructions provided below –
- Navigate to the home screen of your LG smart TV.
- Select the LG Content Store from the home menu.
- Next, press the Apps & Games option.
- Select the Xfinity Stream Beta app.
- Click Install to add the application to your LG Smart TV.
- When added, Launch the app.
- Select the Get Started option.
- A 6-digit code will appear on your TV.
- Visit the Xfinity Stream activation page xfinity.com/authorize.
- Type the code in the provided field and tap the Continue button.
- Then, log in to your Xfinity (Comcast) Account.
You can now watch your favorite movies, series, and other programs on your LG Smart TV.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate Xfinity Stream on your smart media players like Samsung Smart TV, Android devices, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku media player, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, only a few streaming devices are compatible with the Xfinity Stream app “beta” version.
– You must be subscribed to Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet.
– Customers subscribed to any Internet speed tiers qualify for accessing the app.
– You must be using a Wireless Gateway rented from Xfinity.
– A retail modem certified to work on the Comcast network is also eligible.
No, the Xfinity Stream app is not compatible with the following features:
– Option to control or manage the app using your Xfinity Voice Remote.
– Streaming apps like Netflix, Pandora, and YouTube are now available.
– Xfinity On Demand is not available on LG or Samsung Smart TV.
Some models do not meet the minimum hardware requirements to play the Xfinity Stream app.