BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, commonly known as BCBST, is the most significant health insurance company located in Tennessee. Governed by its board of directors, it is a not-for-profit, independent organization.
BCBST provides different health care plans such as individual & family plans, employer & group plans, Medicare plans, dental & vision plans, medicare with Medicaid plans, and more.
If you have purchased a health plan from BCBST and want to know the process to activate your BCBST account at bcbst.com/activate, you will need to follow the information provided below.
Guide to Activate BCBST Account at bcbst.com/activate
Before following the instructions provided below to activate your BCBST account at bcbst.com/activate, keep your Subscriber ID and Group Number ready. You will need to provide these details during the activation process.
Note: You can find the subscriber ID and the group number on the ID card issued by BCBST. If you don’t have the ID card, contact BCBST customer service to get the information.
- Visit BCBST activation page – bcbst.com/activate.
- Click the GET STARTED button. If you already have an account, select the LOG IN HERE button.
- On the next screen, enter your Subscriber ID, Group Number, Date of Birth, and Zip Code in the provided fields and click the Next button.
- Similarly, provide the required information for the Name Verification process > Secure Account Setup > Communication Preference steps.
- After following the prompted instructions, your BCBST account will get activated.
After successful activation, you can access your BCBST account on a browser or BCBST mobile app.
The BCBST mobile application is available on Android and iOS with the “myBlue TN” or “BCBSTN” title. So, install the app on your mobile device and sign in using your BSBCT login credentials.
With the BCBST mobile application, you will easily track the following information –
- Video consultation with doctors anytime for non-emergency issues and queries.
- Instant access to your digital Member ID card.
- Quickly find a doctor, pharmacy, and urgent care near you.
- Option to review your claims, health plan details, and much more.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate your BCBST account at bcbst.com/activate.
However, if you need assistance regarding activation or other concerns in your BCBST account, you can contact BCBST customer support.
How to Contact BCBST for Assistance
For assistance regarding any concerns with the BCBST account, you can refer to the following contact options:
- Individual & Family: 1-800-565-9140 | 08:00 AM – 06:00 PM ET (Monday to Friday) | TTY/YB users can access the Tennessee Relay Service at: 1-800-848-0298
- Medicare: 1-888-770-8840 | Current BlueElite SM Members: 1-800-553-8158 | Current BlueAdvantage SM Members: 1-800-831-2583 | Current BlueEssential SM Members: 1-888-851-2583 | TTY users should call: 711
- Medicaid (BlueCare): 1-800-468-9698 | 08:00 AM – 06:00 PM ET (Monday to Friday) | TTY users: 711
- TennCare Select: 1 800 263 5479 | TTY Users: 711
- Medicare with Medicaid (BlueCare Plus SM): 1 800 332 5762 | 24/7 Nurseine: 1 888 747 8951 | TTY Users: 711
Frequently Asked Questions
A network is a group of doctors associated with BCBST to provide health care. Members get a discount from the BCBST Network doctors. You can find your network by checking the details on your Member ID card (lower-left corner).
You can get your new Member ID card by signing into your BCBST account here.
To rectify incorrect info on your Member ID card, you can contact BCBST care on the relevant phone number provided above.
You can easily add or remove a dependent in your account by contacting BCBST care.