January 31, 2022 / Dan Smith
Guide to Activate Nat Geo TV on Smart Devices at natgeotv.com/activate
Last updated on March 3, 2022
Want to stream Nat Geo TV and Nat Geo Wild shows right on the gigantic screen? Let us explain how to watch Nat Geo TV on your TV-connected device using natgeotv.com/activate. After activating Nat Geo TV, you can stream your favorite series, full episodes, and incredible documentaries, including Running Wild with Bear Grylls on the comfy couch. Nat Geo is your go-to channel for science and wildlife shows and documentaries.
Erstwhile National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo is a flagship channel owned by the National Geographic Society and the Walt Disney Company. The pay-TV network offers factual content related to nature, science, culture, and history. If you wish to watch live and on-demand content, ensure your TV provider has it for you. This guide explains how to add & activate the Nat Geo TV app on your streaming device via natgeotv.com/activate.
Things to Consider (Prerequisites)
To accomplish the activation process without any error, keep these things ready beforehand.
- A supported streaming platform (Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Fire Stick, or Xbox).
- A participating TV provider account.
- High-speed internet connection.
- Laptop, mobile, or tablet to open natgeotv.com/activate.
Activate Nat Geo TV at natgeotv.com/activate
Nate Geo TV is compatible with almost all smart devices such as Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Smart TV, etc. Below you can find the step-by-step instructions on activating Nat Geo TV on your streaming device.
Activate Nat Geo TV on Apple TV using Activation Code
If you are looking to activate Nat Geo TV on your Apple TV, you can easily do so by following the instructions below.
- First, go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the Nat Geo TV application.
- After finding the Nat Geo TV app, select Get to download and install it on your Apple TV.
- After installation, open the Nat Geo TV app.
- Now, click on the Gear icon to open the settings section.
- Select Activate Device from the menu list on your screen.
- Note down the activation code from the TV screen as you will need it to complete the activation process.
- Open a web browser on your computer or smartphone.
- Visit Nat Geo TV activation page – natgeotv.com/activate.
- Enter your activation code in the provided field and click Continue.
- Select your TV provider and sign in.
- You can now watch Nat Geo TV on your Apple TV.
Steps to Activate Nat Geo TV on Roku at natgeotv.com/activate
If you are using a Roku player, you can easily watch the Nat Geo channel. However, to stream the Nat Geo channel on Roku, you must first activate it by following the below steps.
- Turn on your Roku media player to activate Nat Geo TV on Roku.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store. (Make sure you are logged in to your Roku account.)
- In the Roku Channel Store, go to the Movies and TV section, and search for Nat Geo TV. You can also use the search option to find the Nat Geo TV app.
- Click on Add channel to install the app.
- Once the channel gets added to your Roku device, launch the channel.
- Now go to the App settings. Here you will see an activation code along with instructions.
- On the web browser, open National Geographic TV Activation URL: nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate.
- Here, you will need to enter the registration code in the provided field.
- After entering the activation code, click on the Continue button.
- Sign in to your service provider account.
- Nat Geo TV is now active on your Roku device.
Steps to Activate Nat Geo TV on Android TV via TV Provider
If you are using an Android TV, you can activate your Nat Geo Channel by following the instructions provided below.
- To activate Nat Geo TV on Android TV, go to Play Store on your Android TV.
- In the Play Store, search for the Nat Geo TV application.
- Press Install to download and install the app.
- After installation, launch the app on your Android TV.
- Click Activate Device in the Settings section to generate an activation code.
- Visit natgeotv.com/activate on a web browser.
- It will redirect your screen to the National Geographic website – nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate, where you will be prompted to enter the activation code.
- So, enter the activation code in the provided field and click Continue.
- Sign in with your TV provider.
- You can now stream Nat Geo on your Android TV.
Activate Nat Geo on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Follow the instructions provided below to activate Nat Geo TV anywhere app on your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Turn on Amazon Fire Stick and connect it to your TV.
- Go to the Amazon App & Games Store. (Make sure to sign in to your Amazon account to install the Nat Geo app on your Fire TV.)
- Find the Nat Geo TV application using the search option in the Amazon App Store.
- Press Get to install it on your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Launch the app after successful installation.
- Select Settings to receive an activation code on your TV screen.
- Go to a web browser on your computer or smartphone.
- Open Nat Geo activation URL – natgeotv.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap Continue.
- Select your TV provider and sign in using the provider login details.
- Your TV screen will auto-refresh, and you can watch your favorite Nat Geo shows on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Activate Nat Geo TV on Microsoft Xbox
If you want to access Nate Geo TV on Xbox, follow the instructions provided below.
- To activate Nat Geo TV on your Xbox, connect your Xbox to your TV and go to the Microsoft Store on your Xbox console.
- In the Microsoft Store, search for the Nat Geo TV.
- After finding the app, install it on your Xbox device.
- Lunch the installed Nat Geo app on your Xbox.
- In the app, go to Settings and select Activate Device.
- You will receive an activation code on your TV screen.
- Open National Geographic TV activation URL – nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate on another device.
- Type your activation code in the given field and click Continue.
- If prompted, enter your cable TV provider sign-in credentials.
- That’s it. Your Xbox (One or 360) is now active.
So, this is how you can activate and watch the Nat Geo TV channel on your desired smart device. However, if you do not have any of the devices mentioned above, you can still watch Nat Geo live stream HD on your PC and mobile phone. For this, you will need to visit www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/.
Stick to the steps mentioned above to avoid running into an activation error. Then, contact your TV provider for a quick solution if you face a problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the reasons for Nat Geo’s broad reach is its dedicated app. The Nat Geo TV app is available on all major streaming devices and gaming consoles like Microsoft Xbox. If you want to watch Nat Geo content on your device, you got to install and activate it via nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate.
You can’t have a standalone Nat Geo channel on Netflix. However, if you have a Netflix account, search for Nat Geo show titles. Many documentaries, shows, full episodes, and more are available on Netflix.
You can watch the Nat Geo shows on your streaming devices for free. Well, there’s a catch. You must check with your TV provider and confirm it does offer Nat Geo content.
You must subscribe to the service to access Nat Geo outside the United States and Canada.
On your computer, access account.nationalgeographic.org, and use your log-in credentials to sign in.
– Install the app from the Roku Channel Store.
– Verify your TV provider account details to receive a code.
– Go to the activation page and enter the code.
– You need to sign in with your TV provider to start streaming Nat Geo on Roku.