August 30, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Access Tumblr on Roku?
Tumblr is a popular microblogging and social network website owned by Automatic. The service offered by Tumblr allows users to post multimedia and other content in a short-form blog that other users can follow. The microblogging service is also known for allowing bloggers to make blogs private. Currently, Tumblr is known for hosting more than 529 million blogs and is available for both iOS and Android users. Well, if you are looking to access Tumblr on Roku, unfortunately, there is no application for Tumblr available in the Channel Store. However, there is a workaround that can help you access Tumblr on Roku. This workaround is safe and doesn’t require you to make any illicit changes to your Roku device.
Guide to Access Tumblr on Roku
The following workaround allows you to access Tumblr on Roku through mirror screening. This implies that you will need to mirror the screen of your Android or iOS device on your Roku-connected TV.
NOTE: When looking to mirror the screen of your device on Roku, it is suggested to consider the following:
- Your Roku device should be connected to the HDMI port.
- Both your Roku device and the casting device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Enable the Screen mirroring mode to Always Allow/Prompt to mirror the screen of your device.
Steps to Mirror Screen on Your Roku Device Using Android
- Firstly, you will need to install the Tumblr app from the Google Play Store for your Android device. To install the app, you will need to open the Play Store app from the applications’ menu and find the Tumblr app using the search option. Once you locate the application, you will need to press the Install button and wait for the app to get installed.
- Once the application gets installed, you will need to return to the apps menu and select the Settings app icon. This will direct you to the Settings section of your Android device.
- Once you are in the Settings section, go to the Cast / Smart View / Wireless Display or a similar option provided on your screen.
NOTE:As the name of the screen mirror option can be different depending on the version of your, you will need to select the option for screen mirroring accordingly.
- Next, you will need to enable the Screen Mirroring option by tapping on the toggle icon next to it. Doing so will provide a list of available devices on your screen.
- Then, you will need to choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Once you have connected your Android device to Roku for screen mirroring, you will now need to connect it with your Roku device.
- Now, on your Roku device, go to the Settings menu > System > Screen mirroring > Check the box next to Enable screen mirroring option.
- After that, you will need to select the name of your Roku device from the list of available options on the Android screen. After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the screen mirroring setup.
- Now, open the Tumblr app on your Android device and you will find the same screen appearing on your Roku-connected TV.
- You can now access the Tumblr application on your Roku device.
Steps To Mirror Screen on Your Roku Device Using iOS
- From the applications menu of your iOS device, you will first need to tap on the App Store
- Once you are in the App Store, search for the Tumblr application. So, type “Tumblr” in the search field and press the search icon. Then, from the search result, select the app and tap the Install
- Once the app gets installed on your iOS device, you will need to install the Mirror for Roku app from the store.
- When you have successfully installed the Mirror for Roku app on your iOS device, launch the application and select your Roku device from the list of available devices displaying on your screen.
- As you will select the Roku device, you will be prompted to open the Mirror for Roku on your Roku TV.
- Now, keeping the Mirror for Roku app window opened on your Roku device, select your Roku device again from the iOS device’s screen.
- Next, select the Allow to access notification while mirroring under the Access Notification.
- Then, tap on the Start mirroring icon and select the Start broadcast option to begin screen mirroring on Roku.
- After that, you will just need to open the Tumblr app and log in using the login credentials you would have created earlier.
- Congratulations! You can now access the Tumblr app on your Roku device.
So, these are the steps that you can follow to access Tumblr on Roku.