December 17, 2019 / Admin
How to Activate Sprint on Different Smart Devices?
Sprint is a telecommunications company that is known for offering wireless services as well as internet services. Sprint is the fourth-largest mobile network operator in the United States. The company is known for serving more than 54 million customers. Moreover, Sprint also offers messaging, wireless voice, and broadband services through various subsidiaries.
There are different brands of phones available at Sprint, so whether you are looking for budget-friendly phones, high-end phones, or Pre-Owned phones, Sprint has a wide range of phones to offers to the customers in both Android and iPhone ranges. In order to access the services of Sprint on your device, you will need to activate its services. To know how to activate Sprint services on your device, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Activate Sprint on your Device
There are basically two ways you can activate your phone on Sprint. Using the method depends on the condition whether you are having a phone bought from Sprint or you are having a phone bought from outside (usually referred to as “bring your own device”). Below, you can find the information for the activation of your phone in both conditions.
Steps to Activate your New Device (Bought from Sprint Only)
If you have bought a new phone from Sprint or you have exchanged one already on your account, you can activate your device by following these steps. However, make sure to have the login credentials of your Sprint account. In case you don’t have a Sprint account, you will need to sign up for in order to complete the activation process.
- To activate your new Sprint phone, you will first need to ensure that your phone has enough battery to complete the activation process. So, make sure to charge your new phone before following the activation process.
- Next, you will need the information provided on the box, so make sure to keep the box of your phone.
- Now, in order to get your activation code, you will either need to dial *#06# from your phone, or you will need to find the code on the box of your device.
- If you are changing your phone, you will need to make sure that you back up and transfer your content from your old phone to a new phone or your computer. For this, you can go to sprint.com/backup on your web browser.
- Once you are on the sprint.com/backup page in the web browser, you will need to follow the instructions provided in the how-to guides.
- Once you have taken a backup of your data, you will need to sign in to “My Sprint” account. In case you don’t have a Sprint account, you will need to create one in order to complete the further steps.
Note: As some of the services connected to your current device may not be transferrable to your new one, therefore, you may have to take action to re-establish such services after you are done completing the activation process.
Steps to Activate “Bring Your Own Device” (BOYD) on Sprint
If you are looking to bring your own phone to activate on the Sprint device, you can do so easily by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- In order to activate your BOYD phone on Sprint, you will first need to check the eligibility of your device on the Sprint website.
- To check eligibility, you will need to the BOYD eligibility page on a web browser on your computer and Smartphone.
- Once you are on the BOYD eligibility page, you will see a section to enter your IMEI or MEID number. In the provided field, you will need to enter your IMEI or MEID number (without spaces) and click on the Continue This will direct you to the next page.
- After clicking on the Continue button, on the next page, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to check the eligibility of your device.
- Once you have made sure that your phone is eligible, you will need to get a SIM card from Sprint. Here, you can either buy a SIM kit or you can use your own Sprint SIM card.
- After you have purchased the SIM card from the Sprint, you will need to select a plan that matches your requirement.
- Once you have selected a plan for your Sprint services, you can begin activating your device. To activate your phone, you will need to go to the BOYD activation page on a web browser on your computer or smartphone.
- On the BOYD activation page, you will see a field to enter the Order Confirmation Number and Zip Code in the Activate device(s)
- So, simply enter the Order Confirmation Number and Zip Code in the prompted fields under Activate device(s) section and click/tap on the Continue
- After clicking on the Continue button, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process of your device. Once the process gets completed, you will be able to access Sprint services easily using your phone.
Recently Upgraded your Device?
If you have recently upgraded your device, you will need to go to the Activate Upgraded Device page on your web browser. You will be prompted to sign in to your Sprint account. So, enter the Username and Password in the prompted fields and click on the Submit button. After clicking on the Submit, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process of your upgraded device.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow in order to activate your phone with Sprint services. If even after following the above-mentioned instructions you are unable to activate your device, it is best to seek help from Sprint customer support.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *