September 21, 2021 / Olivia Jones
How to Watch Sky Sports on Roku?
Operated by the satellite pay-television company Sky Group, Sky Sports is a group of British subscription sports channels. It was the dominant subscription TV sports brand in the Ireland and UK while playing a major role in the increased commercialization of British Sports since 1991. Some of the features such as Sky Sports Main Event, Football Cricket, Premier League, F1, Football, Action, and Arena are available with a premium package. Although you can easily access Sky Sports through Cable, Satellite, IPTV, and Streaming media, if you wish to access it particularly on your Roku device, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Watch Sky Sports on Roku
There are two ways that can help you access Sky Sports on Roku. While the first method requires you to download and install the Now TV app from the Channel Store, the second method involves mirroring the screen of your Android device on the Roku-connected TV. Below are the detailed instructions for both methods that will help you access Sky Sports on Roku.
Method 1: Installing Now TV App
- Turn on your Roku device, connect it to your TV with an HDMI connection, and then connect the Roku device to the wireless internet.
- Next, go to the home screen of your Roku device by pressing the Home button (home icon) on your remote.
- Then, from the home screen, you will need to scroll down to navigate to the Streaming Channels Select the Channel Store option under the Streaming Channels section.
- In the Roku Channel Store section, you will need to look for the Now TV channel. For this, you can either consider browsing through the list of apps available or use the Search Channels
- Once you find the Now TV app, go to its preview page and press the Add channel This will begin the installation of the app on your Roku device.
- Once you are done installing the Now TV app on your Roku device, open it to find the Sky Sports channel and access it on your Roku device.
METHOD 2: Screen Mirroring Method to Access Sky Sports on Roku
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
- Turn on your Roku device and make sure that you have connected your smartphone and Roku device to the same WiFi internet network.
- Next, you will need to enable screen mirroring. For this, you will need to go to the Settings>ScreenMirroring>ScreenMirroringMode>Always Allow.
Enable Screen Mirroring On Android
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Next, select the Device Connection
- Press the Cast button in the Device Connection
- Then, select your Roku device from the list that appears on your screen.
- Then, open the Sky Sports app on your Android device. In case don’t have the Sky Sports app on your device, install it from the Google Play Store.
Enable Screen Mirroring on on iOS
- You will first need to go to the App Store on your iOS device to install the Mirror for the Roku application. You can use the search option in the App Store to find the Mirror application that is compatible with your Roku device.
- Once you have installed the app, open it from the applications menu and select your Roku device.
- Next, open the Mirror for the Roku on your Roku device.
- Then, select your Roku device and tap on the Start Mirroring button to begin mirroring the screen of your iOS device on your Roku-connected TV.
- Now, open the Sky Sports app on your iOS device to watch its content on your TV connected with Roku.
- However, if you do not have the Sky Sports application on your iOS device, you will need to install it from the App Store.
- Once you would have installed the app, launch it and log in to your Sky Sports account. In case you have not created a Sky Sports account, you will be prompted with the registration notification on your as you will launch the application.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to access the Sky Sports app on your Roku device.