Vizio is one of the most popular electronic brands in the US which is known for designing and selling soundbars, viewer data, advertising, and smart TVs primarily. If you have Vizio TV at your home or office, you can have access to all popular applications like Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Pluto TV, and many more. While Vizio TV is known for its reliability and quality, sometimes, some users may face problems with their TV. If you ever face any issue with your Vizion TV, you can refer to the basic troubleshooting guide provided below.
Vizio TV Troubleshooting Guide to Resolve Common Problems
The below-mentioned information will help you know if the problem is being caused due to your TV or the device broadcasting the picture.
Step 1: Consider Power Cycling Your TV
- To begin with, you will first need to unplug the power cord from the outlet or the wall socket (whichever is easy to access).
- Next, you will need to hold the power button on the side of your TV down and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then, you will need to plug the power cord of your TV back in and turn on your TV.
- It is to be noted that some Televisions are also known for having an option to ‘Soft Power Cycle‘ in the menu. If your TV has this feature, you can access this by pressing the menu button and selecting the System Under the System section, you will need to select the Soft Power Cycle in the Reset & Admin section.
Step 2: Check The Cords
The next thing you will need to verify is that the cord is connected securely to the video device and the TV. This is because when a cord comes loose, it may lead to a display issue. So, always make sure that all the wires connected with your TV are plugged firmly on both ends.
Step 3: Check Other TVs
If you have multiple TVs at your home or office (Vizio or non-Vizio brand), it is suggested to check whether or not you are experiencing the same problem on another device, or an application installed. Also, you can consider checking the menu of your TV by pressing the ‘Menu button on your VIZIO remote. If the problem seems to be with other TVs as well, it means the problem is not with your Vizio TV. On the other hand, if the problem appears only on your Vizio TV, it is most likely that the issue with your TV.
In case you are experiencing a display issue with your TV, your TV is most likely to show the problem on all content. Also, you will see the same problem when accessing your cable box and your blu-ray player. Moreover, you will also find the problem affecting the menu as well. However, if you find that the problem is only occurring when watching 1 device and not appearing when looking at a menu, it is recommended to contact the manufacturer of your video device for appropriate assistance.
Additionally, if you are unable to see any picture on your TV or see it partially, you can find assistance by visiting this page (https://support.vizio.com/s/article/No-Video-No-Picture-Black-Screen?language=en_US).
Step 4: Check Your Picture Mode
Another thing that you will need to check is the picture mode of your TV. This is required to check if there is an issue with the settings of your TV. Below are the steps that you would want to follow.
- Firstly, you will need to press the Menu button on your VIZIO remote and select the Picture option from the displayed menu.
- Once you get to the Picture section, you will need to select the Picture Mode
- Now, when you get to the Picture Mode section, you will need to go through toggling between different picture modes available on your TV.
NOTE: As some remotes are known for having a PIC button on them, you can consider changing picture modes directly by pressing the PIC button.
Step 5: Consider Resetting your TV to Factory Defaults
Resetting your TV to factory defaults can also sometimes help you overcome most problems associated with your TV. For this, you will need to press the menu button on your VIZIO remote and navigate to System>Reset & Admin>Reset to Factory Settings. If you can’t find the option under System, you can go to the Help option and select the System option.
So, these are the different workarounds that you can consider to fix your Vizio TV to resolve common problems.