Freeform is a basic cable channel owned by Walt Disney Television. The TV channel is known for broadcasting programs targeted at teenagers, young adults, and young women aged 14 to 34.
Freeform programming generally includes:
- Contemporary off-network syndicated reruns and original series.
- Feature films.
- Made-for-TV original films.
You can access the Freeform channel on different smart media players like Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku. However, to watch the Freeform channel on your streaming device, you will need to install the app and activate it at freeform.com/activate.
Guide to Install & Activate Freeform via freeform.com/activate
To know how to install and activate the Freeform TV channel on your smart device, go through the information below.
Activate Freeform on Roku Media Player
To watch the Freeform channel on your Roku Media Player, you will first need to download and install the app on your device from the Roku Channel Store. Then, activate it using the activation code. Below are the steps you will need to follow to watch Freeform using your Roku device.
- Go to the Roku home screen, scroll down to the Streaming Channels section and select the Search option.
- Use the virtual keypad to find the Freeform application.
- Select the Freeform application from the search results.
- Click the +Add Channel button on the next screen to download and install the Freeform app on your Roku media player.
- After installing the app, tap Go to channel to launch the app.
- Now, go to Settings and select the Sign in to Watch option.
- You will see a unique code, activation URL – freeform.com/activate, and instructions to follow.
- Once you have the code, open a web browser on your computer or smartphone and visit the activation page using the link provided above.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap the CONTINUE button.
- Next, select your TV provider from the given options.
- Then, sign in with your TV provider login credentials and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now return to your Roku device and start watching your favorite Freeform programming.
Activating Freeform Channel on Amazon Fire TV
If you are using an Amazon Fire TV, you can access Freeform by following the below instructions.
- Go to the Find section from your Fire TV main menu.
- In the Find section, search and select the Freeform app.
- Next, tap the Get button to install the Freeform app on your Fire TV.
- Once installed, launch the app by selecting the Open option.
- Then, select Sign In to Watch from the Settings of the Freeform app.
- A unique code will display on your screen along with this activation link – freeform.com/activate.
- Now, go to a web browser on your smartphone or computer and open the freeform.com/activate link.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and press the CONTINUE button.
- Then, select your TV service provider (if required) and log in with your account credentials.
- Once logged in, you will see a success message on the screen.
- Freeform is now active on your Fire TV.
Activate Freeform App on Android TV via Activation Code
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store from the home screen of your Android smart TV.
- In the search field, type Freeform and press the search icon (magnifying glass).
- Select the Freeform app from the search results and tap the Install button.
- The app will begin installing on your Android TV.
- After installation, launch the Freeform app by tapping the Open button.
- Next, select Settings and click on Sign in to Watch.
- You will see a one-time code and activation link on your TV screen.
- Now, on your second device, visit freeform.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code on the activation page and click CONTINUE.
- Then, log in with your TV provider account credentials and complete the on-screen prompts (if any).
- Congratulations! You can now watch the Freeform channel on your Android TV.
Activate the Freeform App on Apple TV via Pay-TV Subscription
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the Freeform app in the App Store.
- Next, tap the Get button to download and install the Freeform app on your Apple TV.
- Post-installation, select Open to launch the Freeform app.
- Go to the Settings section and select Sign in to Watch on the next screen.
- Your Apple TV will display an activation code and an activation link – freeform.com/activate.
- Open this activation link on a browser of your separate device (smartphone or pc).
- Then, enter the code in the provided field and press the CONTINUE button.
- You can then sign in using your TV provider username and password.
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The Freeform app is now linked to your Apple TV.
How to Watch Freeform on Android Phone and Tablet?
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the Freeform app using the search option.
- Select the Freeform app from the search results.
- Tap the Install button to download & install the app to your Android device.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- Enter your login credentials provided by your TV service provider.
- After successful login, you can access Freeform content on your Android phone/tablet.
Steps to Download & Install Freeform on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
If you are using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can easily access the Freeform channel on it by following the information provided below.
- Go to App Store on your iOS device.
- Go to the search option in the App Store, type Freeform, and press the search icon.
- From the search results, select the Freeform app.
- Tap Get on the next screen to download & install the app.
- Now, launch the Freeform app on your device.
- Sign in using your TV provider account credentials.
- That’s it; you can now watch your favorite Freeform shows on your iOS device.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate the Freeform app on your preferred devices like Android TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku player, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
When trying to sign in to your current TV provider from the Freeform app, the login option may redirect to your former TV provider with a message that reads: “Allow Freeform to use your TV Provider subscriptions?”. You can overcome this issue by logging out of your former TV provider through the TV provider settings on your device.
Freeform adds new cable, satellite, and other TV providers regularly. If you do not have an account with a participating TV provider, you can still watch some free episodes without signing in.
You should use the login credentials provided by your TV provider to activate the Freeform app.
If your TV provider sign-in page is refreshing every time you try to enter your login details, ensure that you have enabled the cookies on your browser.