In this guide, we will explain all the tips and tricks to get Channel PEAR on Roku.
Roku is known to stream video and audio content over the internet right to your living room in real-time. While it offers over 500,000 channels to entertain you, there are many non-certified, private channels that people can access to stream their favorite shows, episodes, and other videos.
Channel PEAR is one such third-party, non-certified media streaming tool that lets you watch live content on Roku from around the globe. It gives you access to MRSS feeds, IPTV streams, and video files on Roku.
To access Channel PEAR on your Roku device, you need to sideload the app, sign up for a free account, and pair it with your Roku player.
Note: Channel PEAR is no longer available on Roku.
Can I Get Channel PEAR on Roku?
Roku has removed all non-certified channels from its Roku Channel Store. So, if you are looking to install the Channel Pear on your Roku device, you won’t be able to do it directly as the channel is no longer available.
The only solution lies in sideloading the app on your streaming platform. To sideload the Channel PEAR app, you must enable Developer Mode on your Roku device. Here’s how you can do that.
- Turn on your Roku and press the Home button three times.
- Look for the UP arrow button and press it two times.
- Press the Right button once, then the Left button once, and again the Right button once.
- Now, press the Left and the Right button once to get to the Developer Setting screen.
- Save the Roku device URL and username displayed on the screen.
- Click the Enable installer and restart option.
- On the next screen, agree to the SDK License Agreement.
- Enter the development webserver password (minimum four characters) and click Set Password and Reboot.
- Your Roku device will begin to reboot.
- After rebooting, you can access the Developer Mode on a computer or mobile device.
Now you need to launch a web browser to sideload apps on Roku. But, first, ensure your second device is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Roku device.
In the web browser, enter the Roku device URL you have already saved from the Roku screen. Now type the username and password (development webserver password that you have created), and click the Login button.
You will now see the Development Application Installer on your computer screen.
Steps to Sideload Channel PEAR on Roku
Check the steps below to sideload Channel PEAR on Roku –
- Download the Channel PEAR ZIP file from the internet.
- After downloading the file, upload the file to the Development Application Install page.
- Click the Install button once the file is uploaded.
- After installation, the Channel PEAR app will automatically added to your channel list.
- Locate the Channel PEAR app on Roku.
- Follow the prompts to generate an activation code on your TV.
- Open Channel PEAR Library on another device and enter the code from your TV screen. (Make sure you use the code within 10 minutes before it expires.)
- Click the Pair option and choose Roku from the given list.
- Once the pairing is complete, you will see this message – “Congratulations! You have paired your Roku device with channel PEAR.”
After successful pairing, you can access the Channel PEAR library on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, Roku has removed all non-certified apps from its Channel Store. So you won’t find Channel PEAR on Roku. Sideloading is the only option to watch Channel PEAR on Roku.
The only way to get the Channel PEAR app on your Roku device is to sideload the app. Check the steps above to get the app.
To stream Channel PEAR on Roku, you need not pay anything. Once you complete the sideloading process, you can start streaming your favorite content.
Although the above steps help you get the Channel PEAR app on your favorite streaming device, you must be patient while carrying out the process. Missing or skipping a step will bring you no good outcome.