Aviator Mastercard, also known as AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard, is a co-branded credit card specifically offered to frequent American Airlines flyers. It provides several benefits that can help you save money on flights and other travel expenses.
Offered by Barclays, an Aviator Mastercard holder gets 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles, first checked bag free, preferred boarding, $25 cashback, anniversary companion certificate, 1X AAdvantage miles, inflight savings – all this and more for an annual fee of just $99.
If you recently received your new AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard, you must activate it at aviatormastercard.com/activate before making online and offline purchases.
To activate your Aviator Mastercard, go through the information provided below.
If you don’t have a Barclays online account, you can activate your Aviator Mastercard at aviatormastercard.com/activate by following the steps below:
- Open aviatormastercard.com/activate on a web browser.
- Enter your credit card number and security code.
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number.
- Select your occupation and click Activate.
- Now, create a username and password to manage your Aviator Mastercard account.
Once you have created your account and activated your card, you can start using it to earn AAdvantage miles and take advantage of all its other benefits.
Here are some additional tips for activating your Aviator Mastercard online:
- Ensure that the card number, security code, and social security number belong to the primary cardholder.
- Be sure to use a secure internet connection when activating your card online at aviatormastercard.com/activate.
- If you have any problems activating your Aviator Mastercard online, you can contact Barclays for assistance.
Can I Activate My New Aviator Mastercard Over the Phone?
Yes, you can activate your new Aviator Mastercard over the phone. The Aviator Mastercard phone activation number is 1-877-408-8866.
To activate your card over the phone, follow these steps:
- Call 1-877-408-8866 from your registered mobile number.
- Provide your credit card number and security code.
- The customer service representative will ask you for additional information, such as your name, address, and date of birth, to verify your identity.
How to Set up Online Account Access?
You can set up Online Access to activate and manage your Aviator Mastercard for payments, check reward points, add/remove authorized users, etc.
If you don’t have an online access account, you can follow the instructions below:
- Go to the aviatormastercard.com/activate and click the log-in option.
- On the Sign In page, click the Set up online account link.
- On the sign-up page, enter the required details:
- Last four digits of your social security number
- 16-digit account number on your card
- Select your current occupation
- After entering these details, click the Continue button.
- Create a username and password for your online account.
After creating your Barclays online access, you can log in to your account using your username and password. You can activate your credit card and view your account balance, transaction history, and other account details.
How to apply for Aviator Mastercard
To be eligible for the Aviator Mastercard, you must have good credit or better. The APR on the card ranges from 21.24% to 29.99%, depending on your creditworthiness. The annual fee for the card is $99.
To apply for the Aviator Mastercard, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Aviator Mastercard website.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- Enter your personal information, such as your name, email, phone number, address, date of birth, and social security number.
- Enter your employment information and financial details.
- Provide your credit history information.
- Answer some questions about your spending habits.
- Review the terms and conditions of the card and click on the Apply Now button.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed by Barclays Bank. If approved, you will receive your card in the mail within a few weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should notify Barclays about your upcoming travel plans so they can be aware of where you will use your card. To do so, sign in to your online access and go to the My Travel tab under the Services menu to provide your upcoming traveling details.
If your credit card has been stolen or lost, you can report it by calling Customer Service at 888 232 0780 as soon as possible. You might be asked to provide the following information:
– Suspected place, time, and date of your credit card loss.
– Information on your recent credit card activity.
– Police report information if your card was stolen.
Once your lost/stolen card report is received, Barclays will immediately block your card to prevent unauthorized transactions.
You can call the number provided on the back of your card. If you don’t have your card handy, call 302 633 8990. For international assistance, call 302 255 8888.
It usually takes a few minutes to activate your Aviator Mastercard online or over the phone.
You will need your card number, security code, and the last four digits of your social security number to activate your card at aviatormastercard.com/activate.