WSMV-TV, commonly known as WSMV, is a popular TV station affiliated with NBC and licensed to Nashville, Tennessee. The station is owned by the Meredith Local Media subsidiary of Des Moines, Iowa-based Meredith Corporation. Whether you want to get news, weather, traffic, or local events, WSMV provides users with all of this and more information.
The channel is accessible on major streaming platforms, including Roku. If you wish to access WSMV TV on your Roku device, you will need to download and install the application from the Roku Channel Store first and then activate it on the wsmv.com/activate page. To know how to install and activate WSMV-TV, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Activate WSMV-TV at wsmv.com/activate
- First of all, you will need to turn on your Roku device and connect it to your TV and wireless internet network.
- Once you are done setting up your Roku device on your TV and internet, you will need to go to the home screen by pressing the home icon button on your Roku remote.
- On the home screen of your Roku device, you will need to scroll down to the bottom to go to the Streaming Channels section and select the Roku Channel Store.
- You will need to look for the WSMV TV application under News & Weather on the Roku Channel Store screen. If you cannot find the application under the said category, you can use the search option.
- In the search field, you will need to enter “WSMV” or “News 4 WSMV Nashville” using the virtual keypad and then press the search icon. This will display the search result related to the keyword entered.
- You will need to press the Details option under the News 4 WSMV Nashville app from the search result to get to the preview page. Once you are on the preview page of the WSMV TV application, you will need to press the Add channel. Doing so will begin the installation of the application on your Roku device.
NOTE: Press the Add channel button for installing a free application from Channel Store. Alternatively, for paid applications, you will need to press the Buy or Purchase option. Also, you may need to provide the PIN if you have created it earlier during the configuration of your Roku device.
- Once you have installed the WSMV TV application on your Roku device, you will need to return to the home screen of your Roku device and open the WSMV TV.
- As you will launch the WSMV TV application on your Roku device, you might be prompted to sign in to the application to get the activation code. So, enter your login credentials in the prompted fields and log into the WSMV TV. Once you are logged in to the app, you will be provided an activation code.
- Once you have the activation code, you will need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and navigate to the activation page of WSMV TV using the URL – www.wsmv.com/activate.
- Once you are on the activation page, you must enter your email and password in the relevant fields and press the Sign In. After that, when prompted, enter the activation code in the prompted field and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process. You will then be able to access WSMV TV on your Roku device.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to access the WSMV TV channel on your Roku device. However, if you have not created a WSMV TV Network account yet, you will need to create a new account before accessing the app on your Roku device. To know how to create a new WSMV TV Network account, follow the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the homepage of WSMV TV Network using the URL – www.wsmv.com.
- Once you are on the homepage of WSMV TV, you will need to click or tap on the Login icon located near the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Log In. This will take you to the next screen.
- You will need to click or tap on the Register here option next to the “Don’t have an account?” option on the next screen. Doing so will take you to the next screen, where you will need to provide information such as Username, Email, Password, Confirm Password, etc.
- After providing the required information in the relevant fields, you will need to select the checkbox next to the “I’m not a robot” option and then press the Create Account. Once you have created an account with WSMV, you can use the credentials to access the channel on your Roku device.
And this is how you can sign up for the WSMV TV Network and get access to it on your Roku device.