June 14, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Watch the Super Bowl on Roku?
If you are among the die-hard fans of the NFL and you are using a Roku device, missing the biggest annual event – Super Bowl can never be in your mind. While the Fubo TV application allows you to stream the Super Bowl on your Roku device, you will be charged a subscription fee. In case you do not pay for a subscription, there are free options as well that you can consider watching Super Bowl on Roku. One of the apps, CBS Sports Stream, allows users to watch the Super Bowl and many other sports for free. The app is available for free and can be installed on your Roku device from the Channel Store. To know how to access CBS Sports Stream app on your Roku device and activate it on the cbssports.com/roku page, follow the complete steps for the activation process provided below.
Guide to Watch the Super Bowl on Roku
- To start with, navigate to the Home screen of your Roku device. For this, press the Home icon button on your Roku remote. This will take you to the Roku home screen.
- On the Roku Home screen, scroll down to get to the Streaming Channels section and select the Roku Channel Store This will take you to the Roku Channel Store section.
- Once you are in the Roku Channel Store section, browse through the list of the applications to locate the CBS Sports Stream & Watch Live You are most likely to find the app under the Sports| Recommended |Top Free Movies & TV.
- In case you couldn’t find the CBS Sports Stream & Watch Live app in the above-mentioned categories, use the search option as an alternative way to locate the app. In the search field, enter CBS Sports using the virtual keypad and press the search This will display the search result on your screen.
- From the search result, select the CBS Sports app to get to the preview page.
- On the preview page, press the Add Channel option next to it. Then, go through the on-screen instructions to install the application. The CBS Sports app will beaded to your Roku device.
NOTE: In order to add a free app from the Roku Channel Store, you will need to press the Add Channel option. However, to add a paid application, select the Buy option. Also, you may have to provide a PIN (if prompted) to install the app if you have set it up earlier at the time of configuring your Roku device.
- Once the CBS Sports app gets installed, go to the home screen and open it. On the next screen, if prompted to sign in, enter the login credentials in the relevant fields on your screen to get the activation code.
- Once you have the activation code, open a web browser on your computer and go to the activation page of CBS Sports via the URL – cbssports.com/roku.
- On the activation page, enter the activation code in the provided field and press the Next You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to access Super bowl on your Roku device for free by installing the CBS Sports application. However, if you don’t have a CBS Sports account, you can create a new account by following these instructions.
Steps to Sign Up for a CBS Sports Account
- Launch a web browser on your computer, and go to the homepage of CBS Sports using the URL – https://www.cbssports.com/.
- On the homepage of CBS Sports, click or tap on the LOG IN You will find it located in the top-right corner. You will be taken to the sign-in page on the next screen.
- On the sign-in screen, click or tap on the DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT/ SIGN UP On the next screen where you will be directed, you will be prompted to provide information such as Email Address, Password, Confirm Password, First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth (Month, Day, and Year), and ZIP Code.
- After entering the information, select the checkbox next to the option after going through them thoroughly.
- Then, click or tap on the REGISTER button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sign-up process.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to register for a CBS Sports account to access the app on your Roku device.