With over 433 million active users and 188 million paying subscribers, Spotify is arguably one of the world’s largest music streaming service providers. It was founded in 2006 by Martin Lorentzon and Daniel Ek.
Using Spotify for playing music is free. However, you can upgrade to Spotify Premium to enjoy more features, ad-free music, and audio streaming on the big-screen TV.
Since most smart TVs have an in-built Spotify Music app, you can install the latest version app from the App Store of your TV. Also, streaming devices and gaming consoles such as Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, or Xbox support the Spotify app so that you can access music streaming and media services on your TV.
Guide to Pair your Spotify Account at https //spotify.com/pair
To enjoy all the music and podcasts on the big screen, install the Spotify Music app on your TV and pair your device at spotify.com/pair.
Pair Your Spotify Account with Apple TV
If you want to pair Spotify with Apple TV, refer to the steps below.
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV and search for the Spotify app.
- Once the app appears on the screen, select it.
- Click the Get button to install the Spotify app on Apple TV.
- After installation, launch the Spotify app and select the sign-in option.
- You will see a unique activation code on the screen.
- Now, access spotify.com/pair on another device and log in with your Spotify account credentials.
- Enter the code shown on your TV
You should now be ready to listen to millions of songs on your Apple TV.
How to Set up Spotify on Roku
Here’s what you need to do to set up and activate Spotify on Roku.
- Turn on your Roku device and access the home screen.
- Go to the Channel Store and search for the Spotify app.
- Click the Add channel button once the app appears on the screen.
- Click OK > Go to Channel to launch the Spotify Music app on Roku.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get a 6-digit activation code.
- Once you have the code, leave the screen active and visit spotify.com/pair on a computer or phone.
- Enter the username and password to log in to your Spotify account, if not already.
- Enter the code and click the Activate button.
Your Roku device is now ready to stream your favorite music titles and albums.
Activate Spotify on Fire TV via spotify.com/pair
With the new Spotify Fire TV app, you can browse your favorite playlists and listen to albums & tracks using the Fire TV remote or phone. But first, you need to install and pair the Spotify app on your Amazon FireStick device.
- Power on your Fire TV device and go to the home screen using the remote.
- From there, you need to access the Amazon App Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type Spotify using the virtual keyboard.
- The Spotify app will turn up on the screen.
- Install the app by clicking the Get button.
- After installing the app, return to the home screen and launch the app.
- Now, you will have an activation screen.
- Save the code before heading over to spotify.com/pair.
- Enter the username and password and click LOG IN.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV and click the Activate button.
Your Spotify account is now paired with Fire TV.
Spotify.com Pair on Xbox One
Refer to the instructions below to set up Spotify on Xbox One and listen to Spotify music –
- Access Microsoft Store on your Xbox game console.
- In the Search bar, type Spotify and select the app from the list.
- Click the Get button to install the Spotify app on Xbox.
- Open the app to generate an activation code to pair your device.
- Leave the screen visible while you open https //spotify.com/pair on a different device.
- Log in to Spotify using your sign-in credentials.
- Enter the code in the desired field and click Activate.
So now you can listen to music on the Spotify app while playing games on your Xbox One.
Frequently Asked Questions
Basic functions like playing music on your device don’t cost anything.
Yes, most Smart TVs come equipped with a Spotify Music app.