Spike or Spike TV, now Paramount Network, is another popular American cable channel that broadcasts movies and original programming.
Currently, more than 80 million households in the US receive Spike (or Paramount Network). The network is available on almost all cable systems, satellite, IPTV, and streaming devices.
If you haven’t added Spike to your Roku device, let us walk you through the easy steps to binge-watch your favorite Spike shows. Streaming Spike on Roku shouldn’t be a difficult task if you subscribe to the channel through a participating cable or satellite provider.
Note: Spike is now Paramount Network.
Things to Consider
To stream Spike on Roku, you will require the following prerequisites.
- An active TV provider subscription.
- Stable internet connection.
- Updated Roku device.
- A tablet or computer to activate Spike on Roku.
Steps to Add & Activate Spike (Paramount Network) on Roku
Since Spike is now Paramount Network, you can add the latter to your device to watch Spike content.
Let us show you how to install the Paramount Network app on Roku and activate it at paramountnetwork.com/activate.
- First, turn on your Roku device and connect it to wireless internet.
- Click the Home button on the Roku remote to get to the home screen.
- From there, scroll down to access the Streaming Channels option.
- Under it, select the Search Channels option.
- Now, click the Search bar and type Paramount Network.
- The Paramount Network app will show on the TV screen.
- Select the app and click the +Add channel button to install it on Roku.
- Launch the app if you wish to continue with the remaining steps to activate your device.
- Inside the app, follow the prompts to generate an activation code.
- Once the code appears on the TV screen, visit paramountnetwork.com/activate on another device.
- Enter the code in the desired field and click the CONTINUE button.
- Select your TV provider and enter the login credentials to verify your subscription.
There you are! After successful verification, you can stream Spike content on your Roku.
Alternative Method to Watch Spike on Roku (via Screen Mirror)
If the above steps don’t work or you encounter a problem, here’s an alternative way to stream Spike on Roku via screen mirroring.
To begin this process, you must enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku device.
To enable screen mirroring on Roku,
- Navigate to Settings on your Roku device.
- Access the System option.
- From there, select Screen Mirroring.
- Click the Screen Mirroring Mode option.
- You will now see the Always Allow or Prompt option.
- Select the suitable mode, and the screen mirroring feature is enabled.
Ensure your Roku device and mobile phone are connected to the same internet connection. Also, you must keep your Android phone handy to carry out the screen mirroring process hassle-free.
- Go to Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for the Paramount Network app.
- Tap the Install button to download and install the app.
- Go to the Notification Panel of your phone and select the Smart View option.
- When prompted, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Launch the Paramount Network app and enter the sign-in credentials provided by your cable operator.
You are now ready to watch your favorite TV shows and enjoy them on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can add the Paramount Network Channel from the Roku Channel Store to watch Spike programming.
Spike is rebranded as Paramount Network. So, you need to get the Paramount Network app on your Roku, and then only you will be able to stream Spike shows.
If you already subscribe to a participating cable or satellite provider, you don’t have to pay extra fees to watch Spike content.
Some popular Spike shows are – Bar Rescue, Lip Sync Battle, Bellator MMA, Spike Sports, Deadliest Warrior, Ink Masters Redemption, and Catch a Contractor.