CBS Sports, a division of the TV network CBS, is known for having the premier sports properties, including NCAA Division I college basketball (comprising telecasts of NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament), National Football League (NFL), Southeastern Conference (SEC) football, PGA Tour golf, PGA Championship, and Masters Tournament.
CBS Sports Network is available on almost all popular streaming devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku.
If you want to access CBS Sports on any streaming device, you have come to the right place. Here, we will guide you through the CBS Sports app’s complete installation and activation process.
To watch CBS Sports on your TV-connected device, i.e., Roku, you first need to install the CBS Sports app from the channel store and activate it at cbssports.com/roku using your TV provider credentials.
Guide to Activate CBS Sports on Streaming Devices
Before going through the steps below, ensure you have the TV Provider login credentials handy, as you will need them to verify your subscription during the activation process.
cbssports.com Roku Activation Guide
If you have a Roku streaming stick or Roku smart TV, you can easily enjoy the various sports events from CBS Sports by following the activation steps provided below –
- Scroll down on your Roku home screen & select the Streaming Channels option.
- Find the CBS Sports app using the Search option.
- Select the CBS Sports app from the search results and tap the Add channel button.
- Post-installation, tap Go to channel to launch the app.
- You will get a code on your TV screen.
- Now, visit cbssports.com/roku on a web browser.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click the Next button.
- On the subsequent screen, sign in using your TV provider credentials.
- The CBS Sports app is now active on your Roku device.
Activate CBS Sports on Fire TV at cbssports.com/firetv
Another device that you can consider to enjoy the exciting content from the CBS Sports app is the Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV edition. If you have any of these devices, you are just a few steps away from activating the CBS Sports app.
- Access the Find section from the Fire TV home menu.
- Search for the CBS Sports app.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Next, tap the Get button to install the CBS Sports app on Fire TV.
- Launch the app to get a one-time activation code on your TV screen.
- Open cbssports.com/firetv on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the activation code and click Next.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials and follow the on-screen prompts.
- You will then access the CBS Sports app on your Fire TV.
Steps To Activate CBS Sports on Apple TV
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to activate CBS Sports Channel on Apple TV via cbssports.com/appletv. However, before following the steps, make sure you have updated your Apple TV to the latest version.
- Open the Apple TV App Store.
- Find the CBS Sports app using the Search option in the App Store.
- Once found, tap the Get button to download and install the app.
- After successful installation, press Open to launch the app.
- Your TV screen will display a registration code along with instructions.
- Next, visit the CBS Sports activation page – cbssports.com/appletv.
- Enter the activation code and tap the Next button.
- Then, enter your TV provider login credentials to complete the activation process.
- You can now access your favorite sports on your Apple TV.
How to Stream CBS Sports on Android TV
The CBS Sports app is no longer available on the Google play store for Android TV. But you can still cast/screen mirror your favorite CBS Sports content on your Android TV from your smartphone/tablet. To cast your smartphone/tablet to your Android TV, follow the steps below –
- Download the CBS Sports app on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the CBS Sports app after installation.
- Connect your mobile device & Android TV to the same WiFi network.
- Select the video you want to watch on your TV, and tap the cast button.
- Now, select your Android TV from the given options.
- Your Android TV is now ready to stream CBS Sports.
Frequently Asked Questions
Note that the activation code is time-sensitive. If the activation screen displays that your activation code is invalid/expired, return to your TV screen to get the new code. Alternatively, you can generate a new code by relaunching the CBS Sports app on your streaming device.
This usually happens when the speed of your internet connection is not proper. So, make sure that your internet speed is consistent when accessing the CBS Sports app. Also, consider restarting the CBS Sports app and your streaming device. Clearing the app cache can also help fix the issue in some instances.
– Navigate to the Settings section on your Fire TV.
– Under the Settings section, select the Applications option.
– Next, go to the Managed Installed Applications section and choose the CBS Sports app.
– Now, tap the Clear Cache option and then Clear Data.
Yes, you can update the CBS Sports app on your Fire TV easily by following these steps:
– Go to the Settings section on your Fire TV and select the Applications option.
– Under the Applications section, select the Managed Installed Applications option.
– Then, select the CBS Sports app.
– On the next screen, check if an update is available or not.
– If available, install the update and restart the app.