KeyCorp’s primary subsidiary, KeyBank, is a regional bank in Cleveland. It is the 25th largest bank in the United States and has nearly 12000 branches and more than 1500 ATMs. The customer base of KeyBank comprises small business, retail, investment, and corporate clients.
If you received a KeyBank card lately, you would first need to activate it at key.com/activate before using it for purchases and payments.
Guide to Activate New KeyBank Card at key.com/activate
Go through the instructions below to activate your KeyBank card.
- Visit the KeyBank card activation page – key.com/activate.
- Click Sign On to Activate.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the provided field and tap the Sign On button.
- Once logged in, verify your identity using one of the options displayed on your screen: One-Time Passcode | Security Question.
- After successful verification, click the Manage Card option next to your card numbers.
- Next, click Activate Card option.
- Then, enter the three-digit CVC number provided on the back of your card.
- After that, create a four-digit PIN for your card and click the Activate button.
- Select an option from the following two and click the Activate Card button on the subsequent screen.
- NO, I don’t want KeyBank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- YES, I want KeyBank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- Your KeyBank card is now activated and ready to use.
By following the above step-by-step instructions, you will be able to activate your KeyBank card at key.com/activate. If you have not enrolled in Online Banking, you can follow the below instructions to create your account.
How to Enroll for KeyBank Online & Mobile Banking?
- Visit the Key Bank Online Banking Enrollment page.
- Select the type of account from the given options – My Personal Account | My Business Account.
- For a personal account, select the My Personal Account option, enter your Social Security Number and click the Continue button.
- For a Business Account, select the My Business Account option and enter your Social Security Number and Tax ID Number. Then, click the Next button and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the enrollment process.
- Now, select from the given options (ATM/Debit Card | Account Number) on the next screen.
- Enter your Account Number or ATM Card Number in the prompted field and click the Continue button.
- Next, enter a valid email address in the given fields for communication and click Continue.
- Then, go through the Electronic Records Disclosure information, select the checkbox next to “I have read the terms and conditions,” and click the I Agree button.
- On the following screen, enter a desired User ID and Password in the prompted fields with the exact requirements mentioned next to them and click Create button.
- Then, choose five questions from the given options and provide answers to them.
- Click the Record my Answers button afterward. The selected questions and answers will help you recover your account if you forget your User ID or Password.
- Authenticate your identity by answering the prompted question on the next screen.
- Your KeyBank online access is now active. You can now use these credentials at key.com/activate to activate your new KeyBank card.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can also activate your new KeyBank debit card over the phone, call 1-866-683-6099 and follow the prompts.
To receive email and text alerts, make sure you have an online banking account with KeyBank. Sign in to your online banking account, and follow the instructions to enable Email and Text Alerts.
You can report your lost/stolen debit card by calling 800 539 2968 and following the on-call prompts.
The routing number is located in the lower left-hand corner of your check. Also, you can call 1 800 KEY2YOU for further information.
You can order your checks by any of the following methods:
– Online banking.
– Place an order directly with KeyBank’s preferred check provider – Harland Clarke.
– Visit the nearest KeyBank branch.
– Call 1 800 355 8123 to place a check request.