If you reside in San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego, New York City, or Los Angeles and use an Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, or Android TV, you are in luck. Yes, you are fortunate enough to stream LocalBTV content for free on the big screen.
LocalBTV is available in 21 US markets and works directly with station owners to bring you 70 – 100 channels without an antenna. You can simply enter your ZIP code here to check whether LocalBTV is available in your area.
If the channel is available in your area, you can install the LocalBTV app on your streaming device and activate it via activate.localbtv.com to watch hours of content for free.
Guide to Activate LocalBTV on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV & Android TV
LocalBTV does its best to bring the local TV experience to your favorite device and lets you enjoy an array of shows and videos.
In this post, we have drafted the easy steps to install and activate the LocalBTV app on your TV-connected device. However, you need the below things handy before starting the activation process.
- An account with LocalBTV.
- Stable Internet connection.
- Streaming devices like Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and Roku.
- A second device to access activate.localbtv.com.
Activate LocalBTV on Firestick via activate.localbtv com
Amazon Fire TV is a supported device for LocalBTV. Here’s how you can install and activate the LocalBTV app on your Fire TV device.
- Go to the Amazon App Store from the Fire TV home screen.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type LocalBTV using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Click the Get button to install the LocalBTV app on Firestick.
- After successful installation, return to the home screen to launch the app.
- You will see a unique activation code.
- Save it, and open activate.localbtv.com on another device.
- Enter the sign-in details and click the Sign In button.
- Then, enter the code in the desired field and click Activate.
You can now watch your favorite local channels on your Fire TV.
LocalBTV Activate on Android TV
Check the steps below to activate LocalBTV on Android TV.
- Turn on your Android TV and go to the Play Store.
- Search for the LocalBTV app in the Play Store.
- Click the Install button to download and install the app.
- After installing the app, launch it.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to generate a unique activation code.
- Leave the activation screen active while you visit activate.localbtv.com on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter your email address and password and click the Sign In button. (You can also sign in with your Facebook, Google, or Apple profile)
- Now, provide the code and click the Activate button.
LocalBTV app is now active on your Android TV. You can stream local news, sports, and events on your TV.
How to Activate LocalBTV on Apple TV
Apple TV users can refer to the steps below to watch LocalBTV.
- Navigate to the App Store using your Apple TV remote.
- Find the LocalBTV in the App Store and click the Get button to install the app.
- Open the app after installation.
- Inside the app, you will see and code to activate your device along with instructions.
- Note down the activation code and open a web browser on your phone.
- Visit activate.localbtv.com on the browser.
- Sign in using your LocalBTV credentials. (If you don’t have an account, enter your zip code to create an account.)
- Enter the code from the TV and tap the Activate button.
Your TV screen will update within a few seconds, and your Apple TV is ready to stream LocalBTV programming.
Steps to Activate LocalBTV on Roku
To add & activate LocalBTV on Roku,
- Go to Streaming Channels > Search Channels > Roku Channel Store.
- Please search for the LocalBTV app and install it.
- Launch the by clicking the Go to Channel button.
- A unique code will appear on your TV screen.
- Open your computer and access activate.localbtv.com.
- Enter the sign-in details and use the code to activate the LocalBTV app on Roku.
Within seconds, you can stream LocalBTV on your Roku streaming device.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have an account with LocalBTV, follow the steps below –
– Go to the LocalBTV signup page.
– Click the Sign Up or Watch Now button.
– Enter your zip code and click Check Availability.
– Select your profile if you wish to sign up with Facebook, Google, or Apple.
– Or, you can use your email and password to sign up.
LocalBTV is currently available in these US markets – Phoenix, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Diego, Atlanta, Monterey, Fresno, Indianapolis, Reno, Houston, Nashville, Bakersfield, Biloxi, Las Vegas, Chicago, Palm Beach, and Lousiville.