If you are a fan of Indian movies and shows, subscribe to the service, activate it on your Streaming device, and start watching. Hotstar is available on a myriad of Streaming platforms including Roku. Simply, get Hotstar on Roku, and enjoy the content available in 8 different Indian languages – Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Kannada, Punjabi, and Malayalam.
Previously Hotstar, Disney+ Hotstar is a video streaming service allowing its customers to delight in a wide range of content of Indian TV shows, live sports, and movies. The video-on-demand streaming service is a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company India and distributes television series, films, Hotstar originals, and Disney+ originals. The service is owned and operated by Star India.
Step-by-Step Guide to Install and Activate Hotstar on Roku
Instead of beating around the bush, let us take you straight to the installation and activation guide below. All you need to do is to get the Hotstar app on your Roku and instantly get access to over 60,000 hours of video content.
Let’s get started –
- Turn on the Roku device and make sure you are on the Home screen.
- It should appear like this (refer to the image below).
- Look through the list on the left side, scroll down to “Streaming Channels” using the Roku remote, and press the “OK” button.
- The next thing you should do is to scroll down to “Search Channels”.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Here, type in the word “Hotstar” with the help of the on-screen keyboard.
- Press the right button on your remote and then select the search results.
- Click on “Add channel”.
- You will receive a message once done – “Channel Added – Hotstar has been added to the end of ‘Home’. To move it, highlight it and press * (star).”
- Press the “OK” button.
- The Hotstar icon should be on the Home panel of your Roku device.
- Select the Hotstar app and “Go to Channel”. You will be asked to activate the channel and then start streaming.
- To activate Hotstar and to gain access to Hotstar originals, movies, episodes, sports, etc., you will have to open Safari on your iPad or Mac. Or, if you own a Windows PC, you will have to open Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Now, type hotstar.com/activate and go to the activation page.
- Once you are on the page, sign in and type the code displayed on your television.
- After entering the unique activation code, click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
- There you go! You will be able to watch all your favorite content seamlessly on Hotstar.
How did you find the process? Easy, must be!
Now, we will ensure you know all the steps or requirements to reach the activation stage. A few important things must be done like subscribing to the service, becoming a Hoststar member, learning how to sign in, etc.
How to Become a Hotstar Member?
Today, Hotstar is available in three countries – India, the USA, and Canada. Having a Hotstar membership in one country cannot be transferred to another country and you are entitled to watch the content only in that country.
You can become a Hotstar member by subscribing to the service in three (3) simple steps. Once you have subscribed to the channel, there’s no stopping you to enjoy the service on TV, app, and web. Here’s how you can get hold of a suitable plan –
- Go to the official website hotstar.com/us using your smartphone or computer.
- The official website of Hotstar available in the US should look like this (refer to the image below).
- Click on the “Login” button on the top right corner.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT” (on the pop-up screen).
- If you want to CREATE ACCOUNT WITH FACEBOOK, go ahead. Or, you can enter your Full Name, Email Address, and Password.
- Click on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” button.
- Choose a suitable plan that allows you to watch a complete year of Live Cricketing Action, Hotstar Specials, Latest Indian TV Shows, Live News, Blockbuster Movies, etc. You can stream the content on two devices at the same time.
- Next, complete your payment and you are done!
To use Hotstar on apps, you can log in with your credentials. Apple users can directly buy the Hotstar Membership on iTunes.
What Other Devices That You Can Use to Stream Hotstar Content?
Not just Roku, you can download the Hotstar app on other streaming devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, and Chromecast, on any computer, and mobile devices (iOS and Android).
Technical Glitches That May Hinder Your Hotstar Experience
- Are you facing video playback issues? You can fix these through the following ways –
- If you are watching Hotstar on a mobile browser, move to a desktop web or Hotstar app.
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your web browser.
- In case of concurrent streaming error, close the earlier video, and then refresh your current device.
- Content error issue in your region –
- If you are a resident of the United States and are still seeing content unavailability error, it could be due to your IP.
- The IP may be routed outside the United States.
- The solution lies in reaching out to your service provider.
- How to watch Hotstar on Smart TV?
- The best way to stream Hotstar on Smart TV is to use Apple TV.
- Also, consider using Google Chromecast.
Still, facing the issues? Take screenshots and send them to [email protected]. The technicians would contact you with appropriate resolutions. The highly-trained, knowledgeable, and sophisticated personnel can be reached out round-the-corner.