Verizon Communications, generally known as Verizon, is a popular multinational telecommunications conglomerate known for offering a variety of products and services, including Cable television, Digital Television, IPTV, Telematics, Digital Media, Internet, Broadband, Landline, Mobile Phone, and Calling Plans. While the company offers a phone device of different brands with its calling plans, they also allow customers to bring their device (commonly known as BOYD). If you have a BOYD device, you will need to activate it on the vzw.com/activate page before you can use it with the Verizon plan. To know how to activate your device on vzw.com/activate, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Activate Your Device on the vzw.com/activate
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the Verizon activation page using the URL – vzw.com/activate.
- Once you get to the activation page of Verizon on your web browser, you will need to scroll down and go to the section where it reads – “it’s easy to bring your own device.” When you get to the section, you will need to click or tap on the Get Started button where it says, “Activate your prepaid device with no fee or credit check.” This will direct you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to select one of the options from the following where it reads – “What type of device are you bringing today?”.
- Other device types
- Once you have selected one of the options, you will need to click or tap on the Continue Doing so will direct you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to provide the required information in the following fields:
- Please enter the make and model
- Where did you purchase this device?
- As you will type in the prompted field under the “Please enter the make and model” section, you will be provided an auto-suggestion list from which you can select the make and model of your device.
- Next, you will need to select the carrier or retailer from the drop-down menu under the “Where did you purchase this device?” section. For example, if you have purchased it from Verizon only, you can select Verizon from the drop-down menu. On the other hand, if you don’t know the seller, you can choose the “I’m not sure” option. Doing so will prompt you to enter the 15-digit ID (IMEI) number in the provided field.
- So, enter the IMEI number in the prompted field and press the Continue. You will be taken to the next screen, where you will be prompted to select the desired plan.
- So, on the next screen, you will need to select from the desired plans offered by Verizon and confirm your selection. As you confirm the chosen plan, you will be taken to the payment page on the next screen.
- Once you get to the payment page on the next screen, you must select the desired payment methods (Debit Card, Credit Card, Internet Banking, Wallet, etc.) and follow the on-screen prompts to make the payment. When you are done making the payment, you can check whether or not your selected plan for the device is activated or not.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate your device with the selected Verizon plan on the vzw.com/activate page. If you cannot activate your device on the suggested activation page, you can seek assistance from Verizon customer support by following the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your phone or computer and go to the homepage of Verizon using the URL – https://www.verizon.com/.
- Once you get to the homepage of Verizon, you will need to click or tap on the Support option located in the top menu section. This will display specific options on your screen.
- From the given options, you will need to select the Mobile. Doing so will expand the other menu on your screen.
- From the other menu displayed on your screen, you will need to select the Device support & setup. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you can go through the information provided to seek desired assistance from Verizon customer support to activate your device.
And, this is how you can seek assistance from Verizon customer support for the activation of your device and other related concerns.