Today, TikTok is playing on more connected TVs than ever, carrying a stream of viral memes and videos to the living room. The TikTok TV app is designed for a perfect home-viewing experience.
If you are bored of watching the latest trends on your tiny phone, you can get the TikTok app on your living room device like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, or Samsung TV. After installing the TikTok TV app, you must activate your device at tv.tiktok.com/activate.
Guide to Activate TikTok on your TV at tv.tiktok.com/activate
Are you excited to get the short-form video app on your TV? You will require the following requirements at your disposal.
- An account with TikTok.
- An updated TV-connected device.
- A mobile device or computer to access tv.tiktok/activate.
- Wi-Fi connection recommended.
Check this blog to learn how to install and activate the TikTok TV app on your streaming device –
TikTok TV Activate on Fire TV
The TikTok TV app is available on the Amazon App Store. So, it will be an easier task to get the app and activate it via tv.tiktok.com/activate.
- Begin the activation process by turning on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to the Amazon App Store and install the TikTok app.
- After installation, launch the app to receive an activation code on your TV screen.
- Once you have the code, visit tv.tiktok.com/activate on your computer or mobile phone.
- If you already have an account, click Log in with an existing account. If not, click Create a new account.
- Enter the login details and type the code carefully.
- Stick to the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
After successful activation, you can watch your favorite TikTok videos on your Amazon Fire TV.
Activate TikTok on Android TV via tv.tiktok/activate
To install & activate TikTok TV on Android TV –
- Go to the Play Store on your Android TV and search for the TikTok TV app.
- Install the TikTok app and launch it after installation.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get a unique activation code.
- Save the code and open a mobile or computer browser to access tv.tiktok.com/activate.
- Click the “Log in with existing account” option. (If you don’t have an account, click the Create new account option.)
- Enter the required sign-in details and click Log in.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV and click Activate.
That’s it, the TikTok TV app is now linked to your account.
tv.tiktok Activate on Samsung TV
The official TikTok app only supports the latest Samsung Smart TVs. If you own a Samsung Smart TV, the app comes preinstalled. Follow the instructions below to install and activate TikTok on Samsung TV –
- Switch on your Samsung TV and navigate to the Smart Hub store.
- Please search for the TikTok app, and select the Add to Home option to install it on Samsung TV.
- Once the app gets installed on your TV, launch it to get a unique code.
- Leave the code screen active while visiting tv.tiktok.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Sign in with your TikTok credentials and enter the code to activate your device.
You can now enjoy streaming short videos on your Samsung TV.
How to Watch TikTok Videos on Apple TV
You can’t get the TikTok TV app on your Apple TV from the App Store. So, the only way to enjoy TikTok videos on your TV is by screen mirroring.
Refer to the easy steps below and stream the short videos on your Apple TV –
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the TikTok app.
- Launch the app and enter the sign-in details.
- Hover over the Control Panel on your iOS device.
- Choose the Screen Mirroring option and select Apple TV from the list.
- Once connected, you can watch TikTok videos on your Apple TV.
Watch TikTok on Roku through Android Phone
The TikTok TV app is not available on the Roku Channel Store. So, if you want to watch TikTok videos on Roku, you need to use the screen mirror technique. So, ensure the screen mirror option is enabled on your Roku TV.
- Install the TikTok app from the Play Store on your Android device (phone or tablet).
- Swipe down to access the Notification Panel.
- Here, you will see the Screen Cast option.
- Tap on it, and you will see a list of available devices.
- Select Roku and connect the device.
- Now, access the TikTok app and enter the sign-in details.
- Play the short videos you want to cast on the Roku TV screen.
How to Create a TikTok Account?
You must sign up for a TikTok account to enjoy its trendy videos on your TV.
- Open the TikTok signup page on a web browser.
- Choose the “Use phone or email” option if you want to use your phone or email. Or else, you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to sign up.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create your TikTok profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
The TikTok app is available on both iOS and Android devices. Depending on your device, you can install the app from the App Store or Play Store.
Roku doesn’t support the TikTok app right now. So if you want to enjoy the short videos on your Roku device, you need to use the screen mirror method.
Use the TikTok viewer option to enjoy videos without an account. However, you can’t access private accounts and videos.