April 29, 2022 / Olivia Jones
Activate Kanopy TV on Streaming Devices at kanopy.com/link
If you are a fan of on-demand streaming services, you will love Kanopy. This streaming video platform is available for universalities and public libraries that offer critically-acclaimed movies, award-winning foreign films, inspiring documentaries, and more.
Want to stream thousands of movies and documentaries for free? Get the login details of your university or library and enjoy movies without ads.
This guide is for you if you wish to get the Kanopy TV on your compatible devices like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or Fire TV. But, first, you have to sign up with your library card and activate Kanopy TV at kanopy.com/link to watch thought-provoking documentaries and other videos.
Go through this post and learn how to complete the Kanopy TV activation process online.
Guide to Activate Kanopy App at kanopy.com/link
To activate Kanopy on your streaming device, you must log in using your kanapy.com account credentials. So, if you already have signed up for an account, skip to the activation process. Else follow the steps below to create an account with Kanopy –
- Visit kanopy.com/link on a mobile or computer browser.
- Next, click on the “Don’t have an account yet? Get Started” option.
- Then, choose from the two options – FIND YOUR LIBRARY | FIND YOUR UNIVERSITY.
- Enter the required information as per your selection and continue to complete the sign-up process.
Your Kanopy account is now active. Now, open the kanopy.com link URL and use the credentials to activate your device.
Note: If you create a new account directly on your TV, you need to activate it at kanopy.com/tv using the activation code displayed on your TV.
Activate Kanopy TV on Amazon Fire TV
- Select the Find option from the home screen of your Fire TV.
- In the search field, type Kanopy using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the app from the results and tap the Get button to install it.
- After installation, tap the Open button to launch the app.
- You will see an activation code on your TV screen.
- Now, visit kanopy.com/link and sign in using your login details.
- Enter the code and click Activate.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The Kanopy account is now linked to your Fire TV Stick.
Get Kanopy on Android TV using kanopy.com/link
Here’s how you can download and activate Kanopy on Android TV:
- Move to the Apps > Google Play Store section from the home screen of your Android TV.
- Look for the Kanopy app in the Play Store and tap the Install button.
- Once you have installed the Kanopy app on Android TV, launch it.
- From the welcome screen, note down the link code.
- Now, open kanopy.com/link on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Then, enter the activation code in the prompted field and submit it.
Your Android TV is now ready to cast Kanopy movies and documentaries.
How to Activate Kanopy App on Apple TV
Apple TV is another popular platform to watch your favorite movies and shows with your friends and family. If you use an Apple TV, you already know how to add a new service. If you purchased the device recently and didn’t know how to activate Kanopy on Apple TV, refer to the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store, look for the Kanopy app and install it.
- After installation, launch the app by tapping the Open option.
- Fetch the activation code from the welcome screen.
- Now, open the Kanopy activation page (kanopy.com/link) on a separate device.
- Sign in to your Kanopy account.
- Then, enter the activation code in the provided fields and complete the on-screen prompts.
- The Kanopy app is now active on your Apple TV.
Kanopy TV App Activation on Roku
To download and activate the Kanopy app on Roku, follow the steps mentioned below. Let’s go –
- Go to Streaming Channels > Search option from the home menu of your Roku device.
- Type “Kanopy” in the search field using the virtual keypad.
- Next, select the app from the search results and press the Add channel option.
- The app will begin adding to your Roku device.
- When installed, launch the app by tapping Go to channel.
- Inside the app, copy the activation code.
- Using another device, go to the Kanopy activation page – kanopy.com/link.
- On the activation page, sign in using your Kanopy account credentials.
- Once logged in, submit the activation code and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Which browsers can you use to access Kanopy content?
Apart from a TV-connected streaming device, you can watch Kanopy content on your web browser. Here are the compatible web browsers –
Supported browsers for Windows (8 and above):
- Firefox 47+
- Chrome 75+
- Edge 17+ (Windows 10 and Windows 11 only)
Supported browsers for macOS (10.11 and above)
- Chrome 75+
- Safari 9+
- Firefox 47+
Supported browsers for Chrome OS:
- Chrome 75+
Frequently Asked Questions
Double-check that you have entered your library card number correctly. If the problem persists, consider contacting your library for assistance.
– Sign in to your Kanopy account on a web browser.
-Once logged in, hover over your profile name and select the My Account option from the menu.
– Next, select the Edit option under the My Information tab.
– Then, enter your new email address or password.
– Then, tap the Save option. That’s it.
You can seek assistance from Kanopy support by submitting a form here.