July 8, 2021 / Activate Guide
5 Proven Methods to Fix Hulu Not Working on Firestick Issue
Hulu is a popular subscription video-on-demand service available to millions of people in the US. As of June 2021, the service is already accessible to more than 41 million subscribers in the country. One of the best ways to stream Hulu (news, sports, entertainment, and various channels) is Amazon Firestick. Simply, get an affordable subscription plan and enjoy countless hours of entertainment. However, there are times when you are stuck in some problem. Many Hulu subscribers have also reported issues while streaming Hulu on Firestick. So, in this guide, you will learn the best and proven methods to troubleshoot Hulu not working on Firestick issues.
Top Troubleshooting Tips for Hulu Not Working on Firestick Issues
If you have experienced the ‘Hulu not working on Firestick’ issue and are looking for the right answer, here you go. Our experts have tried and tested numerous ways to fix the issue and have come up with the following ones for your consideration. Let’s get started!
- Update Your Device and App: Although you have been streaming Hulu on Amazon Firestick for a while and had no such issue, that doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be any problem. The developers always thrive to give you the best experience. Hence, they seek frequent updates. When you try to access the latest service using the earlier version of the app or device, you are likely to experience some issues. Thus, updating both the Hulu app and the Amazon Firestick streaming device to the latest version regularly would ensure an enhanced viewing experience.
Update Firestick: You can manually update your Firestick device. Here are the best steps –
- Turn on the device and access the home screen.
- Use the remote and go to “Settings”.
- Scroll and select “Device & Software”.
- Look for the “About” page and click the “Check for Updates” option.
- Click on the “Install Update” button if there’s a new update available.
- You need to wait for the update to finish the process
Update Hulu App: Similarly, you can update the Hulu app manually if the auto-mode is off.
- You need to access the “Your Apps & Channels” option on the streaming device.
- Highlight the Hulu app and click on the button “Menu”.
- Go to “More Info” and look for any new updates available.
- Click on the “Update” option to get the latest version.
By now, the ‘Hulu not working on Firestick’ issue would have been resolved.
- Clear Cache and Data: If the first method didn’t bring any good news, try this! You need to clear the cache of the app and data on Firestick. The Hulu app saves temporary cache files on Firestick to make sure your streaming experience is awesome. When the cache files increase and start eating more and more space, you face issues. So, it becomes inevitable to get rid of these files and clear data on Firestick.
- Force Close the Hulu App: You must force close it. And, here are the steps to do it.
- From the home screen, you need to navigate to “Settings”.
- Here, find and select “Applications”.
- Look for the option “Manage Installed Applications” and click on it.
- You will find the Hulu program.
- Now, you can select “Force Stop”.
- Reinstall the Hulu App on the Amazon Firestick Device: If experts are to be believed, you must uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app to get rid of the ongoing issues.
- Turn on the device and go to “Settings”.
- Click on the “Applications” option > “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Once the apps turn up, select the Hulu app.
- Click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Now, you can download it again to reinstall it.
- Check Internet Connection: As we always maintain that a stable and high-speed Internet connection is indispensable for an uninterrupted streaming experience. If the Internet is poor, fix the speed first. You may run a network speed test to know the speed. Sometimes you may have to reboot the router to fix the problem.
Check Out – List of HULU Error Codes