C-Span is a popular cable and satellite TV network which was created by the cable TV industry as a non-profit public service. The channel is known for televising numerous proceedings of the United States federal government along with other public affairs programming. The C-Span channel is available to approximately 100 million cable and satellite households within the United States. While the channel is available through Satellite, IPTV, and Streaming Media, if you wish to access it particularly on your Roku device, unfortunately, there is no C-Span app available in the Roku Channel Store. However, not to be disappointed, there are a couple of ways that you can consider accessing C-Span on Roku. To know how to access C-Span on your Roku device, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Access C-Span on Roku
If you wish to access C-Span on Roku despite knowing that there is no dedicated application available in the Channel Store of Roku, there are two methods to do so:
- Access C-Span on Roku Using Streaming Service
- Access C-Span on Roku Using Windows
Accessing C-Span on Roku Using Streaming Service
One of the methods to access C-Span on Roku is using a streaming service. AT&T TV Now is the only streaming service that is known for offering C-Span. It is one of the most popular streaming services in the entertainment industry known for offering more than 60 channels including C-Span. Therefore, if you wish to access C-Span on Roku, AT&T TV Now is an ideal option to go for. AT&T Now TV supports 20 hours of DVR recording for a period of 30 days. So, simply subscribe to AT&T TV Now at approximately $65/month and enjoy C-Span on your Roku device.
Accessing C-Span on Roku Using Windows
Another method that you can consider to access C-Span on Roku is using Windows and the screen mirroring process. In this method, you will need to mirror the screen of your Windows system to your Roku device. Here are the steps that you will need to follow.
To Enable Screen Mirroring in Roku
NOTE: The screen mirroring feature in Roku is available for Roku devices having an operating system of 7.7 or above. In case you do not find the screen mirroring option for your Roku device, you might be using an older version. To know the version of your Roku device and update it, follow these steps.
Updating your Roku Device
- Go to your Roku device’s home screen by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Next, select the Settings option and tap on the Systems
- Under the System section, you will need to press the System Updates Doing so will make the Roku device search for available updates. If there is an update available, it will be updated automatically.
To enable Screen Mirroring in Roku
- From the home screen of your Roku device, you will need to select the Settings
- In the settings section of your Roku device, you will need to press the Screen mirroring This will expand the menu on your screen with the following options.
- Screen mirroring mode
- Screen mirroring devices
- Here, select the Screen mirroring mode This will show the following options on your screen :
- Always allow
- Never allow
NOTE: From the given options, selecting the Prompt option will make your Roku device prompt with a notification whether to allow or decline the screen mirroring. Similarly, selecting the Always allow or Never allow option will make Roku take the relevant action for screen mirroring.
- Now, when you have successfully activated the screen mirroring on Roku, return to the home screen.
- Next, on your Windows PC, you will need to open a web browser and go to the https://www.c-span.org/organization/?109993/Roku page and open it.
- Then, simply play any desired video from the website and right-click on the screen.
- From the menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Cast option and select the Source dropbox
- After that, you will need to select the Cast tabs option and select your Roku devices from the given suggestions.
- The screen of your Windows PC displaying C-Span content will begin appearing on your Roku-connected device.
So, these are the methods that can help you access C-Span on your Roku device.