MSNBC is a news-based pay television cable channel owned by NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBC Universal. The channel is known for providing coverage of NBC News and its political commentary and reporting on current events.
You can watch the MSNBC channel on your TV through Cable, Satellite, and IPTV.
If you are a cord cutter and want to stream MSNBC on your streaming device like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV, install the MSNBC TV everywhere app and activate it at activate.msnbc.com.
The following instructions will help you install & activate the MSNBC app on your preferred device. So, let’s get started.
Guide to Activate MSNBC App at activate.msnbc.com
To access MSNBC on your smart device, ensure your streaming device is running with the latest updates and you have access to the MNBC channel through a participating TV Provider.
Activate MSNBC App on Roku
If you wish to watch MSNBC programming on your Roku device, you must install the NBC News app. Unfortunately, MSNBC is not available as an independent app in the Channel Store.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to get to the home screen.
- Scroll down to get to the Streaming Channels section.
- In the Streaming section, select the Search option to find NBC News app.
- Once located, select the NBC News app and tap the Add channel button.
- The app will begin installing on your Roku device.
- Once installed, launch the app by tapping the Go to channel option.
- Inside the app, go to Settings > TV Provider to get the activation code.
- Once you have the code, access activate.msnbc.com.
- Enter the code on the activation page and tap the Continue option.
- Then, sign in with your TV Provider credentials to complete the activation process.
How to Activate MSNBC on Amazon Fire TV
As suggested for the Roku device, ensure that your Fire TV device is also running with the latest updates before following the below-mentioned activation steps.
- Go to the Find section from the home screen on your Amazon Fire TV.
- In the Find section, search and select the MSNBC app.
- Next, tap the Get button to download and install the app.
- Once installed, tap the Open option to launch the app.
- Navigate to Settings > TV Provider option.
- You will see an activation code and activation link – activate.msnbc.com.
- Now, open the activation link and enter the code in the prompted field.
- Then, press the Continue button and select your TV Service Provider on the next screen.
- After that, enter the login credentials of your TV Provider to sign in.
- Once logged in, you should be able to access the MSNBC app on your Fire TV.
Steps To Activate MSNBC Channel on Apple TV
Whether using an Apple TV device or iPhone/iPad, you can follow these steps to activate the MSNBC app. However, remember that on an iOS mobile device, you just need to sign in using your TV Provider credentials.
- Go to App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store, use the search option to find the MSNBC app.
- Once located, select the app and click the Get button.
- The MSNBC app will begin to install on your Roku device.
- After installation, tap the Open option to launch the app.
- Next, go to Settings > TV Provider section.
- Your TV screen will present you with an activation code.
- Now, access the activate.msnbc.com link to get to the MSNBC activation page.
- Enter the code in the provided field on the activation page and click Continue.
- Then, log in using your TV Provider account credentials to link MSNBC app to your Apple TV.
MSNBC App Activation on Android TV
- From your Android TV’s home screen, navigate to Apps > Google Play Store.
- In the Play Store, browse manually or use the search option to find the MSNBC app.
- When found, select the app from the search results.
- Next, select the Install button to add the app to your Android TV.
- Post-installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- From the welcome screen of the MSNBC app, go to Settings > TV Provider.
- Doing so will display an activation code on your screen. Keep this screen as it is and proceed further.
- Now, open the msnbc.com/activate link to get to the activation page of MSNBC.
- On the activation page, enter the code in the given field and click Continue.
- Then, sign in with your TV Provider credentials to finish activating the MSNBC app on your Android TV.
So, these are the instructions that you will need to follow to activate the MSNBC app at the activate.msnbc.com page on your streaming devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are unable to access the MSNBC app on your Fire TV:
– Log out from the MSNBC app and re-activate your account through your TV Provider.
– Reset your Fire TV device.
– Force Stop the App and relaunch it after a few minutes.
– Delete the MSNBC cache from your Fire TV device.
– Ensure that you have a TV subscription package that includes the MSNBC channel.
– Open the App and go to Settings > TV Provider > Sign Out > Close the App > Sign In Again > Re-Authenticate your device.
MSNBC app is not available for Roku devices at present. However, you can access its content by installing the NBC News app from the Roku Channel Store.
Yes, you can contact MSNBC by mail at the following address: MSNBC, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, N.Y. 10112